Attacks in Brussels

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Attacks in Brussels

Post by D41 »

Blade wrote:Arabs hate Jews. Jews control American Politics. American foreign policy in the middle east causes a sh1t storm. Repeat..........
Hmmmm.....good point,,,I wouldn't say Jews 'control' US politics, but there's defo a strong influence at work. Anti-Semitism was rampant in the 30's and 40's in much of the West, and most definitely in the USA....not to trivialize matters, but Hitler and his posse just became very efficient at it....the US has since tried to almost overcompensate for it's past mistakes in this regard.

I honestly don't know how people think this way.....back when I was in flooring, my tax lady was the sweetest little Indian lady you could imagine....but mention Pakistan and all bets were off....she frickin' hated those people with a passion, yet could give no other reason than "They're dirty".

Like India is the social model of hygiene....
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Read up on the creation of Pakistan. There's a lot of bad blood between Pakistan and North India. A lot of massacres were carried out by both sides when they were dividing the area up between the two countries. In the UK those of Pakistani heritage generally tend to be poorer and not do so well at school than those from an Indian background. There are cultural reasons for it. Bangladeshis do even worse, they're really looked down on.

Slightly off topic but the worst racism I've seen in the workplace was between Indian women and West Indian women. It was open warfare.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

D41 wrote:Like India is the social model of hygiene....
Do you know where the word Shampoo comes from?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Is it fake shit? Hence "sham poo"?

From what I saw of India it's not the cleanest place in the world.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

India is many worlds, it's a dirty place but the people are very hygienic*. Before we went to India (Britain not me) we bathed once a year and actually believed that dirt was healthy and washing it off was unhealthy.

*most castes
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:Read up on the creation of Pakistan. There's a lot of bad blood between Pakistan and North India. A lot of massacres were carried out by both sides when they were dividing the area up between the two countries. In the UK those of Pakistani heritage generally tend to be poorer and not do so well at school than those from an Indian background. There are cultural reasons for it. Bangladeshis do even worse, they're really looked down on.

Slightly off topic but the worst racism I've seen in the workplace was between Indian women and West Indian women. It was open warfare.

Yep, Partition was just the British clearing out and leaving everyone to hash it out....not one of YOUR shining moments (yey, I love Dual-Citizenship!!).

What's up with the Indian/West Indian thing....that's a new one....????
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You know us Brits, walk in, fook shit up and clear off.

It was a new one on me. It's the first time I had seen black v indian issues like that.
D41

Post by D41 »

OK....dumb question.....it's nothing to do with cricket, is it??....I'm thinking of the fans interacting....can't think of anything else other than the commonality of the name etymology????
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I was born and grew up in my early years in handsworth,the West Indians hated the Asians and never mixed with them.No idea why but it was a fact they didn't get on