Community Policing - US style

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Community Policing - US style

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fort-W ... 04372.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a tool.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Re: Community Policing - US style

Post by TonyB »

Absolute oxygen thief.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Perhaps he'd like a can of that emptied into his face whilst driving......
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

We've seen this sort of thing before....the cop acted correctly, 110%.

These sportbiker 'clubs' will go out and do this....take up all the lanes, bring traffic down to a crawl, then feck off into the distance congratulating themselves on what a massive bunch of pricks they are....the occupants of the pickup were merely filming all this so they could post in on whatever crappy website they have...and there's ALWAYS a website...else why would their buddies be filming??

The cop acted 100% correctly....his 'desk duty' for a month "punishment" is standard procedure for any LEO (Law Enforcement Officer) after a complaint has been filed and an investigation is under way.....gives him a chance to catch up on paperwork, minimizes any chances of retaliation against him, etc.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Acted correctly? That's a good one......even for you.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I don't agree him macing drivers/ motorcyclists. However Darren does have a point, just look on YouTube and your see riders over in the states are Muppet's, when they have big rides like this they do wheelies all down the road weave in and out of traffic and they do slow down traffic which is highly dangerous. However they need a better way of policing such big rides as what the policeman did could of caused a accident or worse a death
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:......Darren does have a point, just look on YouTube and your see riders over in the States are Muppet's, when they have big rides like this they do wheelies all down the road weave in and out of traffic ......
You 110% forgot to mention the ones over there who ride without valid licences, ride whilst prone to seizures or manage to have serious RTA on a straight road with no other vehicles involved.... "just sayin".. (emo)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

StMarks wrote:
Rossgo wrote:......Darren does have a point, just look on YouTube and your see riders over in the States are Muppet's, when they have big rides like this they do wheelies all down the road weave in and out of traffic ......
You 110% forgot to mention the ones over there who ride without valid licences, ride whilst prone to seizures or manage to have serious RTA on a straight road with no other vehicles involved.... "just sayin".. (emo)
Haha yes you are right...them too. I watched a YouTube video a couple of weeks back of a rider at a T Junction (in the states) with the mandatory STOP sign. He stopped took a look both ways but instead of turning left he flawed it and drove into a fence...not being funny but how does that happen on country roads with a massive amount of space in all areas...I could sort of understand in Britain because the roads are narrow, when there's a STOP sign it means it is blind and sharp etc...but I swear the Americans are on a different planet sometimes!!
D41

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote:
Thanks for reminding me of my past mistakes....again. Absolutely awesome that you can always be relied upon to dredge up bad memories on the offchance that I had somehow forgot about the steel rod in my leg. and other cool stuff like that.

But in case you'd forgotten....I had a valid licence, my seizures, or lack thereof had been signed off by a medical professional...in this case a doctor....otherwise I could not have had a licence. AND....let's not forget that another vehicle was involved. being driven illegally in a lane reserved solely for cyclists, pedestrians & equestrians, and then changing lanes into my path without checking for other road users.

All charges against me were vacated in court, and I declined to press charges against the driver of the other vehicle.

Anything else??
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D41 wrote:.......But in case you'd forgotten....I had a valid licence, my seizures, or lack thereof had been signed off by a medical professional...in this case a doctor....otherwise I could not have had a licence. AND....let's not forget that another vehicle was involved. being driven illegally in a lane reserved solely for cyclists, pedestrians & equestrians, .........
Fwiw I do not recall having read any of the above before Darren, and I thought I recalled that you were vilified somewhat at the time for continuing to ride whilst your licence was suspended.
So thank you for putting me right, & duly noted mate.
I apologise if my flawed version of events upset you.
Have the seizures stopped altogether now, & did they identify the trigger (aka are you teetotal now).?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

For the record that's the first time I've read that as well.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I hope that cop gets struck off ,feckin idiot
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:I hope that cop gets struck off ,feckin idiot
I just don't get how that even entered into his head to mace someone while riding...I understand that they may of been pricks while riding but to make someone potentially crashing I beyond me!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

They looking like they were riding quite normally to me
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I can't comment on that as it was one snippet and it maybe correct they were fine but then again they could of been right idiots just before. YouTube have got a lot of clips of riders in big groups like this and they are right numpties while riding!
D41

Post by D41 »

Kwacky wrote:For the record that's the first time I've read that as well.
It may well have been 675cc where I posted, not sure.....but you're on there too, so you have no excuse. :D

It's not important, what's done is done.......it's not doing it again that counts.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't read many posts on 675cc to be honest.

And I'm very much in agreement with you.