Rossgo's Saviour!!

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Rossgo's Saviour!!

Post by Rossgo »

Haha that would be good. I don't think I can get discounts on anyone. I heard from one of the staff that what the company give the staff is free track sessions at other tracks. Unsure about any of this need to learn all about what's going on before finding out about the incentives!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So had another shift last night but this time shadowing an RD until close. Really enjoyed it, the guy I was with really makes it look simple! But I know it isn't I suppose it's all down to getting a comfortable routine to make it your own job so you know where to make time, where you will likely loose it and know what to be looking for and thinking about at certain points. When you have these thoughts running through your head you have a good starting point then you can build from there.

I feel like I am trying to jump in when I can and feel confident doing the bits I am doing. Although last night I called for a black flag on a team (Kart) got them in, had a chat with the driver then sent them off on their merry way...it wasn't until they left the pits, me calling out they have been spoken to on the radio when one of the Marshall's told me it was a minute penalty to that team!! Whoops!! Lesson learnt!!

The team seem pretty happy with working with me and seem happy with what I'm doing eg trying to pull my weight, I am, however lagging behind them...for example we went around and fuelled up the karts at the end of the night and I had filled up 4 karts while the other guy had filled 8!! Although I am unsure whether he filled all of them up or if he just checked them and saw they were already pretty full as only 40 mins before we had filled up a fair few...so he could of just been bullsh&tting me haha!!

Also last night the general manager handed me a uniform which is brand spanking new, I thought I would of got the old hand me down stuff first but clearly not!!
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Pleased it's still looking good Rossgo
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You'll soon find your own pattern and routine.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks fellas. Everything seems to be going on the up!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

A little update on this. I went on for another shift on Monday. It was great very laid back and easy shift as it only had 14 drivers and one of them dropped out half way through the qualifying round due to being very tired because it was his first time go karting., which is a fair comment as he was on the 900m big track with full power karts. But he enjoyed what he did he was out for around 35mins in total which is pretty decent.

I couldn't believe it when I heard that the guys who turned up were from an IT company and the company paid for 50 people every month for 12 months which set the company back well over £3K per month!!

I also had my first taste of taking the karts from.one pit lane to the other around track. I couldn't stay one of the bloody things up as it was so cold I tired and tried so the RD that was training me pushed me around with his kart while I tried to start the bloody thing!!

Also first time on the mic!! Scary to use it but when I did the presentation I think everyone enjoyed it!!

Next shift is tomorrow night
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So I've done a fair few shifts now and today I have my own shift as RD (first one by myself) [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Last weekend there was a situation...one of the RD's asked for a kart to be brought up, however he also took one down..but the wrong way around the track...big mistake, hit the girl who was bringing the kart up at 40MPH each...head on collision, hot the steering wheels, flew into each other and landed up on the tyres. Broken nose, broken foot, stitches bruised up ribs, bruised back, bruised arm and shoulder and I heard last night from the partner of the girl that she is on a lot of medication and she is being ill and has lost her appetite at the moment. Needless to say the team got word yesterday that the RD under investigation was sacked.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Crap!

Pretty silly, of all the rules to follow on a track, the direction is probably the one you want to stick to!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Rossgo wrote:........ Needless to say the team got word yesterday that the RD under investigation was sacked.
Don't know about sacked, I reckon Kwacky could milk that one for a lifetime of compensation.
:S That poor girl.: 40mph head on with no crash protection to speak of is a VERY serious impact IMHO.

Pleased to hear you're getting to grips with it Rossgo, useful extra roll experience under your belt even if it comes to nothing else in the end.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Perhaps as peeps that have done a couple of trackdays, and had the rules of the track drilled into us, that we view travelling round a live track in the opposite direction as probably the most heinous of all Racetrack sins. Really feel for the girl, that's got to be a nightmare that's going to haunt her for a long while to come.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It was definitely a crap move of him. Direction of travel is Important not just to customers but to us as workers. IF you go around the wrong way YOU MUST have express permission to do it while all team members are aware of what you are doing and racers are in a safe environment for you to do it. You don't just make it up as you wish. A lot of people are pissed off with it. As for the girl involved I have heard that her parents are in law don't know her well.enough to know exactly what that means but I do know that her and her folks are having problems between each other but apparently they are in discussion about something of this incident. According to the partner of the girl still wants to work at the track and still.enjoys it when she's available to work again...I'm unsure if she will be spooked when she does come back though
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So have my first pay cheque, 38 hours and 30mins worked this month excluding trial shifts (do not get paid for that)...£233 for the month, minim wage has got to sting for families
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

So no holiday villa to retire to?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Holiday villa...not decking enough for a holiday caravan for retirement haha!! But on a serious note I enjoyed it and that's what the job is all about, I maybe tired (got into bed around 12AM) but it was a laugh!! It's going to be enough for holiday money or bits and pieces [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

OK did yesterday too and wasn't in bed until gone 12 last night...needless to say this nor o g I am shattered...it's not nice day either as one of my staff has been off all week and I've been 'making do' with running our machines but today I know I'm.you g to struggle because last day until weekend and I HAVE TO get all jobs done. Literally shattered!

Last night I saw a big incident at track...please to everyone who goes go karting for fun it really is dangerous. A fella was travelling around our fastest corner on track by the pit lane (and he was flawing it) but he was knocked by a racer trying to undertake him, span the said person into the barrier he literally jumped out of his seat hit into the barriers as he came landing back down into his seat/ pedals he pushed the throttle and smashed into another set of barriers and his kart dug under them trading his foot. I thought he had passed out because he went floppy. We went red on track and got him out. He had a nose bleed and bruising to his hip and very pale. After around 30 mins he did go back out on track but bloody hell everyone at the track even said it was a heavy hit.

I think he will prob be off work today in all honesty

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ouch, sounds like it could have been nasty.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Definitely could of been, it was a nasty hit and these fellas weren't hanging around either on track. Scared the crap out of me in all honesty he tried to play it down but you could tell he had literally shat his pants and wanted to cry I think.

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Had another shift tonight was such an easy shift. All I had to do was Marshall on track for a few hours then after that we did a bit of a presentation competition between 2 duty managers, one RD with a year and half experience and me and another new fella, was actually really fun. I was bricking it, don't get me wrong it is scary but luckily I have done a fair few presentations at this place in the nights. I'm nowhere near good but I can get the important information out that I need to now I need to get the smoothness and flow to it to make it sound better. I felt sorry for the other guy as he really hadn't done any yet so think that would of been pretty terrifying for him!

Drove home feeling pretty content with life it's surprising how I'm doing more hours, having late nights and early mornings but I feel like everything is gelling together and feeling better for it. I even feel like this job is benefiting my main occupation in certain areas. If someone had told me I'd feel happy work wise 4 months ago then I would of told them they were lieing!! Don't get me wrong or won't/ can't carry on forever but for a year then I can't complain, I would reevaluate everything then I suppose

StMarks

Post by StMarks »

So,,,,, For all the stress, noise, long hours, noxious fumes & low pay, you're still enjoying it more than your main job.??

Wow.!