Track bike

The news and your views about biking
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Track bike

Post by rocket »

I currently have a b1 zx636 its a good bike but I'm thinking of changing it this year. I'm wanting something more modern not to fuzzed about power but I want it to handle. I'm thinking about. 675or 636. Whats the stock suspension like on the 675.

I'm looking in the regular places its either buying a bike already fitted out for the track Hopefully with goodies on. But these seem to be on the expensive side.
Or I've been looking at copart were they auction damaged bikes. Anyone used copart is it just online auction as I have seen is says live auction??? Also are there any more charges.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Track bike

Post by duke63 »

Don't you have to be a registered trader to use Copart?
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Yes you do need to pay an annual registration to bid on Copart.
Yes you do pay buyers fees etc on top of the purchase price ( & Copart have all sorts of nasty little fees they add)
It is quite difficult to arrange to view the salvage before purchase these days, so you're pretty much stuck with assessing it from the description & pictures.
You can't buy a Cat B without having a local government certification for disposal (i.e you need to have a salvage yard business) so Joe Public like us are not even permitted to bid on Cat B.

I am still registered with Copart, so I can very happily bid on something for you if you don't want to pay the subscription on the off chance. However be aware that there are no bargains on Copart anymore IMHO. Because they sell internationally there is a huge audience bidding against you. Also I'm pretty certain they engage in shell bidding, there is a 675 I have bidded at their York depot. It has been listed four times now, each time I place my bid, am out bidded (I will NOT exceed what I feel it's worth) & then it re-appears in the next auction listings.

Hth
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Stock suspension is limiting,,,,,,,, for very good riders.
More than adequate for someone like me.
I would like to upgrade my rear shock (current one is the OEM supplied unit & has almost 30k miles & 10 years of use) so is likely to be past it's best.

Iirc there is someone on here who has a tricked up & well set up track 675, that he may be considering letting go of.
rocket

Post by rocket »

Thanks StMarks just the answers I was looking for. If you have any details on the bike that may be for sale that would be great.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

rocket wrote:Thanks StMarks just the answers I was looking for. If you have any details on the bike that may be for sale that would be great.
Details.....?
Well, it's a cracking bike. However I may be well off the mark about it becoming available mate. Fwiw I think you should continue looking for one yourself, unless it happens to get offered up.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

I don't think you can go far wrong with either bike on track rocket. Not tried a zx6 but they always review well. Are you keeping an eye on motoforum.net and trackdayriders.co.uk?
rocket

Post by rocket »

Yes been keeping my eyes open on the usual forum for a while.