In, out or shake it all about?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.

Stay or leave the EU

Stay in the EU
33%
Leave the EU
46%
Couldn't give a toss
21%

Total votes: 24

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: In, out or shake it all about?

Post by Kwacky »

Why are you fixated on just the trade element of it? it's a Union, there are several strands to it.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

There's been no war in Europe since I moved to Staffordshire. Therefore I should stay in Staffordshire to keep everyone alive.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Rossgo wrote:I really think thats one job I would hate to do, to be a teacher. I remember school and kids are nasty bastards, it's the group mentality that I dont like! I remember a lot of teachers resigning from our school, infect a couple got sacked. One locked a kid on the cupboard for being a twat hahahaha!! Obviously was funny at the time , now just horrible thinking how kids ruined his career. My class was one of the worst. I remember a teacher picking up a table and throwing it at us for being unorderly, smoking out the window and infect a few students just climbed out the window and bunked then the teacher got our class prefect to go and get the head master...what the teacher didn't realise was the prefect was a horrible bitch and didn't give a shot about school so when the teacher said to her to get the head master she used the time to **** about!!

Generally wouldn't wish being a teacher on anyone and if they do then really hope they go to a good school!!!
I think my daughters teachers got a piece of piss job ,great holidays nice environment well paid gets to meet me every parent evening :)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D6 wrote:There's been no war in Europe since I moved to Staffordshire. Therefore I should stay in Staffordshire to keep everyone alive.
isnt walsall and cannock in staffs they fight every friday and saturday night
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Had some good fights with Staffordshire lot when I was West Mids,

Living on the border there was a fair bit. It was like Syria. :p
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Blade wrote:Your welcome to dispute that if you'd like, but you'd be wrong.
I see what you did there. Great debating tactic. Well done you.

It's not up to me to educate the improbably stupid, so we'll end here.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:Would be interesting to see some actual national facts and figures from a credible source. Do you know if anywhere publishes such data ?
daily mail ? :D its only my view ,to many people moan about the UK ,ive travelled all over the world on business and pleasure and its the only country I want to live in
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

dogbot wrote:
Blade wrote:Your welcome to dispute that if you'd like, but you'd be wrong.
I see what you did there. Great debating tactic. Well done you.

It's not up to me to educate the improbably stupid, so we'll end here.
Fair comment a democracy entitles you to your idiotic opinion.

Happy to end here but I imagine a fool would want to continue.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:Why are you fixated on just the trade element of it? it's a Union, there are several strands to it.
Not fixated at all Kwacky sorry if it comes across like that. As I have been at pains to say it's not meant argumentatively and I'm not well informed on the subject and I thought the original idea was the EU was to promote trade. As I say not well informed and happy to be wrong. I was just trying to encourage the use of fact rather than assumptions or unsubstantiated comments to help me personally make a more informed decision. I don't feel adequately informed at the moment and have largely take EU membership for granted in the past without having a good grasp of the subject hopefully I will learn something over the next few months.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The European Union is more than just a simple trade agreement. It goes beyond that. The idea is to promote and support all countries within the Union. Part of that means the richer countries spending money in helping the poorer countries in improving them, in all aspects. The logic is that by improving the poorer countries, we all benefit. There will be less economic migration, the people in the poorer countries will get better jobs and better pay so can afford to buy more goods within the EU, we can travel freely both socially and in relation to our jobs.

The EU is a long term project.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I think the original concept behind European Union was to prevent war in Europe.

Europe had two wars in the space of 40 years both of which escalated to World Wars and killed millions of lives. I think even Winston Churchill mooted it as a way to prevent it happening again and to allow Europe's people to live in peace.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:
Rossgo wrote:I really think thats one job I would hate to do, to be a teacher. I remember school and kids are nasty bastards, it's the group mentality that I dont like! I remember a lot of teachers resigning from our school, infect a couple got sacked. One locked a kid on the cupboard for being a twat hahahaha!! Obviously was funny at the time , now just horrible thinking how kids ruined his career. My class was one of the worst. I remember a teacher picking up a table and throwing it at us for being unorderly, smoking out the window and infect a few students just climbed out the window and bunked then the teacher got our class prefect to go and get the head master...what the teacher didn't realise was the prefect was a horrible bitch and didn't give a shot about school so when the teacher said to her to get the head master she used the time to **** about!!

Generally wouldn't wish being a teacher on anyone and if they do then really hope they go to a good school!!!
I think my daughters teachers got a piece of piss job ,great holidays nice environment well paid gets to meet me every parent evening :)
Ace [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] lmao!
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Regarding education and the state of it in the UK, I'll just leave this here:

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... es-elitism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You can't refuse to click a link to a Daily Mail article then throw the Grauniad in our faces.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

What-the-****-ever.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Hey, look at that. You CAN get around the stupid filters... 8) (devil)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

If you get my site blocked for me at work you'll lose more than your bikes (gah)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Perkles wrote:

Perks, on face value they do get a lot of holidays, but I boarded with a family for a year when I was 15, and both parents were teachers at my school. I can tell you in my experience, they aren't on "holiday" during the majority of school holidays, they are just working from home. Each holiday break they are developing lesson plans for every day of the following term and all sort of other tasks we take for granted. My son's teacher (who due to his learning difficulties, I have a lot of contact with) has responded to emails at 11 pm at night. I'm not talking for all teachers but I do know a lot of them put in big hours outside of school hours. I was actually really keen to pursue teaching when I finished school and did a month as a teachers aid at a primary school. Hardest months work I have ever done. I'm much happier teaching in an adult education environment as the majority of them want to be there or are getting paid to be there and jobs are on the line, makes for a very motivated classroom.

As for meeting you every interview night, well you can't put a price on that can you! :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's all well and good comparing our education system (which does have its flaws) to other European nations, but we don't pay the same level of taxes.

The education system needs to be reviewed, but that costs money. A lot of money. Sadly government won't fund it.

There are far too many tests and tick boxes. My daughter suffers from anxiety attacks when she's hit with a load of tests. She's had about 12 exams/tests so far this year and had 3 attacks. I fail to see why a 12 year old girl needs to be put under that sort of pressure.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

The pressures from all sides of life even very young kids are put under is to much imo