Who wants a visor wiper?

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Who wants a visor wiper?

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.rainpalevolution.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Key features of Rainpal which will fit different makes of smooth curved full face visors:

1. Water spray to wash your visor (we listened thank you for your feedback) One click jet water spray/wiper for clearing your visor when riding in drizzle sprays and a single return wipe. The water jet will be offset to the left of centre so not to detract from the rider's central vision. The water will be sprayed immediately the button is pressed and there will be a 1 second delay for the wiper in order for the water to spread. Rainpal will have an internal water reservoir and a connection for a larger external reservoir (sold separately)

2. Drastically reduces fogging/misting of the visor as condensation forms as rain is normally colder than the outside air as it has fallen from cooler air above. Fogging is caused by the temperature difference and humidity on the inner surface of the visor being warmer than the outside air and when this air hits the inside of the visor which is cooler fogging occurs. As the rain is normally even colder as it has fallen from higher cooler atmospheric levels especially compared to the warmer more humid air inside a visor which is being warmed by the wearer's breath and face both producing heat and the breath humidity. When rain sits on the outside of the visor the warm humid air inside the visor hits these colder areas under the rain drops producing condensation which forms joins to form fogging a bit like on a bus in winter as there are many people breathing and creating warmth when this warm humid air touches the cooler windows fogging forms as condensation builds up. Rainpal removes rain quickly therefore reducing fogging.

3. Rainpal uses the thinest wiper probably in the world at 2mm of rubber and a 4mm shaft. The wiper therefore creates minimum blind spot and will bend more easily than a visor in an accident so the visor presents more of a danger should it crack than the wiper in an impact from an accident.

4. Adjustable wiper speed

5. Delay wipe

6. Easily fits and detaches in about 2 seconds

7. Wiper will snap off if in impact for added safety

8. Swappable battery pack so you never need to run out of charge. Keep a spare onboard your bike! With more than 120 minutes of battery life (we are working on 200 minutes) in continuous wipe and much longer with a delay wipe. Rainpal can be charged at the office via USB for the journey home or even on-board if your bike has a charger or USB socket. Rainpal will have a charger socket and a USB socket

9. The watertight seal of visor is maintained as clips are only 1mm thick and enclosed by the rubber rim of the visor aperture

10. Can be used with Pinlocks
dogbot
Your Bike:

Re: Who wants a visor wiper?

Post by dogbot »

(lol)
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

We have partnered with a fantastic engineering team in India, an awesome graphic design company in the Czech Republic and an excellent manufacturing company in China evolving a global footprint.

So it's likely to be top notch quality :? I could be proved wrong though.

Funny I can't seem to find a clip that shows it actually in use, only computer generated simulations...

I think the idea has merit.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Frankly, I'm getting really **** tired of all this gimmicky shit that's being put into lids these days. Wipers, rear view mirrors, **** heads up displays. All just stuff that distracts the rider's attention from what's really important.

If you need toys in your lid, you should probably try spending a bit more time focusing on the road.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

dogbot wrote:Frankly, I'm getting really **** tired of all this gimmicky shit that's being put into lids these days. Wipers, rear view mirrors, **** heads up displays. All just stuff that distracts the rider's attention from what's really important.

If you need toys in your lid, you should probably try spending a bit more time focusing on the road.
I agree you should focus on the road, they why I think this idea has merit. I have had plenty of occasions where the rain or fogging has compromised my focus on the road. I even tried zip tying a small section of wiper blade to a finger to help clear rain as smearing with my glove was of no real use. So if this works as advertised I can't see how it's not of benefit? Do you find wiper blades on a car diminishes your focus when driving?

I'm just dubious that this is as effective as they claim.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Honestly, rain on my visor has never, ever bothered me. I've managed for more than 20 years without a windscreen wiper (other than my glove) for my visors and I don't see why I need one now. And I've ridden in some truly hideous conditions...

It screams gimmick, to me. If it turns out to be well made and a really good piece of kit, I'll admit that I'm mistaken here, but I bet it'll be just like all the other superbly unnecessary things that modern technology has brought us.

Yeah, lighter helmets? Less wind noise? Better protection? Those are great.

HUDs? **** off.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's this time of year I struggle. Dirty water gets flicked up from the roads as a fine mist and accumulates as I ride to and from work. My the time I get into work the visor is filthy and wiping with my glove as a ride doesn't seem to do much
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Fair enough.

However, their website is **** horridly unprofessional, the videos are shit and not actually real, they're running a kickstarter, which means they have no funds of their own for their amazing idea and are likely not a proper business... and... also, it's made in China, by a top manufacturing company, so I'm sure it'll be of the highest quality and not break within two minutes at all.

I think I'll keep my money in my pocket. Assuming, of course, they ever actually have a product to sell...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I do wonder about these genius idea Kickstarters. If they were that decent someone would stump up the cash early on.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

They want £100,000 from their fundraiser.

If your idea's so great, why not go to the bank for a business loan?
We've had 600k views in a week!

79 contributors.

And naturally, when you don't get to £100k, you'll pay everyone back, right?

(lol) (lol)

**** chancers.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

They've had favourable comments on Facebook. I can't understand why you're being so sceptical.........
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

dogbot wrote:Fair enough.

However, their website is **** horridly unprofessional, the videos are shit and not actually real, they're running a kickstarter, which means they have no funds of their own for their amazing idea and are likely not a proper business... and... also, it's made in China, by a top manufacturing company, so I'm sure it'll be of the highest quality and not break within two minutes at all.

I think I'll keep my money in my pocket. Assuming, of course, they ever actually have a product to sell...
I totally agree with everything you've said there and pretty much said the same stuff myself in previous posts.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Kwacky wrote:They've had favourable comments on Facebook. I can't understand why you're being so sceptical.........
It's because I'm a complete bastard.

HTH. :D
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Perkles wrote:Image
:D :D
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

dogbot wrote:Frankly, I'm getting really **** tired of all this gimmicky shit that's being put into lids these days. Wipers, rear view mirrors, **** heads up displays. All just stuff that distracts the rider's attention from what's really important.

You'll love this bit of kit then! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Is that for idiot pedestrians who can't look where they're going?
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

dogbot wrote:They want £100,000 from their fundraiser.

If your idea's so great, why not go to the bank for a business loan?
We've had 600k views in a week!

79 contributors.

And naturally, when you don't get to £100k, you'll pay everyone back, right?

(lol) (lol)

**** chancers.
Banks don't do business loans anymore unless you are Google or Apple or similar.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

I dunno, I'm comfortably PAYE. But business kickstarters remain a bad idea and they look dodgy to a lot of people, not just me.

And on that basis, they should probably put a bit more effort into not looking like **** on their fundraising page. :)
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Kwacky wrote:Is that for idiot pedestrians who can't look where they're going?
No, it's a fair dinkum proposal for a cycling helmet by a NSW designer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lists.html