What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Rossgo »

Waxed it and added my tank grips and tank pad. The R&G tank grips are lovely and the tank pad busby so good. It's a removal Oxford one, which in thought would be OK but it's already peeling off. It's rubber material and looks pretty good just a shame the adhesive isn't strong enough. If it doesn't last then I'll grab another tank pad but a better one!

Also took it in for a major service the whole shabang needs doing. Will be as good as new when it's out!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The M6 was being its usual joyous self so I took the long way to work, which is bearable when you can see where you're going. These lighter mornings make the commute easier to tolerate.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Rossgo wrote:Waxed it and added my tank grips and tank pad. The R&G tank grips are lovely and the tank pad busby so good. It's a removal Oxford one, which in thought would be OK but it's already peeling off. It's rubber material and looks pretty good just a shame the adhesive isn't strong enough. If it doesn't last then I'll grab another tank pad but a better one!
Just a thought but you didn't wax the tank before you tried to stick the pad on did you?
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

The usual. Whizzed through traffic, being glad I'm not in a car.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

DaytonAndy wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Waxed it and added my tank grips and tank pad. The R&G tank grips are lovely and the tank pad busby so good. It's a removal Oxford one, which in thought would be OK but it's already peeling off. It's rubber material and looks pretty good just a shame the adhesive isn't strong enough. If it doesn't last then I'll grab another tank pad but a better one!
Just a thought but you didn't wax the tank before you tried to stick the pad on did you?
No I didn't I cleaned it the day before. Let not dry then the next day (yesterday) I used a bit of nail vanish remover and a microfiber cloth and rubbed the areas that would have these stuck to them. There should be absolutely no reason for it not to stick but I guess it doesn't always go your way!!

Its at the garage now prob won't see it for a while so unsure how its holding up!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

OK so I love my partner so much...reason...I have liked a pic of a bike that is in a work shop it's a Black bike which has also had a valet. My partner has just turned around to me and said why is your bike on facebook (do not post anything on FB bike related due to having 2 bikes nicked in a row) and I thought it was getting a service not a valet...I have burst out laughing she has seen what I have but clearly doesn't take any notice of it because mine is blue not black and a totally different bike ...maybe I don't have to stick to even the same colour when I decide to change [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] hahaha
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ride home was crap. You know when it's not flowing?
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:OK so I love my partner so much...reason...I have liked a pic of a bike that is in a work shop it's a Black bike which has also had a valet. My partner has just turned around to me and said why is your bike on facebook (do not post anything on FB bike related due to having 2 bikes nicked in a row) and I thought it was getting a service not a valet...I have burst out laughing she has seen what I have but clearly doesn't take any notice of it because mine is blue not black and a totally different bike ...maybe I don't have to stick to even the same colour when I decide to change [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] hahaha
But the good news is you can upgrade and she'll never even notice.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Left it at home. Can't be arsed on a Friday when it's dressed down day and I have to carry a change of clothes with me.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Rossgo wrote:OK so I love my partner so much...reason...I have liked a pic of a bike that is in a work shop it's a Black bike which has also had a valet. My partner has just turned around to me and said why is your bike on facebook (do not post anything on FB bike related due to having 2 bikes nicked in a row) and I thought it was getting a service not a valet...I have burst out laughing she has seen what I have but clearly doesn't take any notice of it because mine is blue not black and a totally different bike ...maybe I don't have to stick to even the same colour when I decide to change [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] hahaha
But the good news is you can upgrade and she'll never even notice.
Hahaha...wonder if I can upgrade her?!! Haha
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Turned the key to a dead battery.

Replaced the battery with spare one (charged recently), that's dead too. Sigh.

Rode the Harley to work. Yay. :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Braved the weather and rode it to work.

Good job as well because the motorways around Brum were more clogged up than a Glaswegian's arteries.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

I changed the battery and did a load more wiring on the Millennium Dodo after its cop out on Friday over the weekend. Stripped out the awful and poorly fitted charger lead and replaced it with an Optimate one, then left the new battery to trickle.

Started first time this morning and seemed to run slightly better than it has before (although I'm unsure how the electrics would cause that, tbh). Great to be whizzing past cars stuck in queues of traffic. Yeah, it was raining a bit, but so what? A little windy, too - I couldn't help noticing that there were less motorbikes on the roads this morning. Weird, because all the cyclists were out.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't see many motorbikes when I'm doing the work run. Shame really.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

All the parking spaces around here, which are normally full, are empty. There's 3 people who rode in today, instead of the usual 15.

Pussies :D
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Bought new R&G crash bungs. I couldn't help noticing at the weekend when I took the R1 out in the piss pouring rain, that one of them has rather mysteriously and irritatingly dropped orft.

Grr.

£75 later. |(
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It's unreal how expensive it is but it potentially can save hundreds of quid worth of damage. I like a bit of R&G good quality products in my experience
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

dogbot wrote:Bought new R&G crash bungs. I couldn't help noticing at the weekend when I took the R1 out in the piss pouring rain, that one of them has rather mysteriously and irritatingly dropped orft.

Grr.

£75 later. |(
You can buy spares direct from R&G.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

duke63 wrote:
dogbot wrote:Bought new R&G crash bungs. I couldn't help noticing at the weekend when I took the R1 out in the piss pouring rain, that one of them has rather mysteriously and irritatingly dropped orft.

Grr.

£75 later. |(
You can buy spares direct from R&G.
Indeed. So that's what I did.
dogbot
Your Bike:

Post by dogbot »

Rossgo wrote:It's unreal how expensive it is but it potentially can save hundreds of quid worth of damage. I like a bit of R&G good quality products in my experience
Yeah. And it's basically my own fault for not noticing it had worked loose until after it dropped off, eh? :D