What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by rocket »

Perkles wrote:
rocket wrote:
Perkles wrote:Just been to look at a car Honda S2000 that will hopefully become a future classic,bought it on the spot as it was mint
Can't wait to pick it up :D

Nice car perkles very nice choice Love Jap cars they have something about them that makes me smile.

when my 200sx is finished we can go to meets :P
Ooo I like 200sx,s,any pictures.I'm to scared to go to a jap car meet I'm about 30 years to old :D
Its a work in progress (been going on 5-6 years) but i want it on the road this year. Its nearly there and has moved on a bit from these photos. was a bigger job than i expected putting this lump into it but hope fully it will be worth it.

"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:
Rossgo wrote:@Perkles you're never too old to go to a meet, my partners uncle is well into all the meets he I's a Ford and BMW nut and tries to get to as many as he can!!
But I've joined an s2000 forum and they keep calling me bro :D
Hahaha oh God, don't bring that crap to us over here Image bruv!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:There is a KFC near you Perkles, you can hang out in the car park with your new mates :D
Oh God I remember the days me and my mates did this...how sad I was!! So glad I've matured and got into bikes how we let our bikes do the talking and take blasts into the countryside!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

rocket wrote:

Ooo I like that a lot ,what's the spec and engine,what Bhp ?
rocket

Post by rocket »

its a Ls2 chevy v8 6.0l with out cats which it does not need and a nice map it should be close to 500bhp at the fly the car has had a lot of mods and it is pretty light so its going to be lively.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Mate that's epic,I wouldn't fancy trying to insure it or living with the mpg
Keep us updated with your progress ,mods can we have a car thread please
rocket

Post by rocket »

Perkles wrote:Mate that's epic,I wouldn't fancy trying to insure it or living with the mpg
Keep us updated with your progress ,mods can we have a car thread please

thanks been doing it for a long time and will be so pleased once its finished. took some big steps last year to get going on it again the wrist op put me back but im determined to get it finished. Not sure what insurance is going to be i know it will be hard to insure due to it having a roll cage. With regards to mpg it will do mid 30's easy the engine is very good and efficient and also easy to get power out of it. A 700 bhp is relatively easy to get and they go 1000 plus with turbo's.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

What ecu is it running ?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I think I've logged into the wrong forum
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:
Kwacky wrote:There is a KFC near you Perkles, you can hang out in the car park with your new mates :D
Oh God I remember the days me and my mates did this...how sad I was!! So glad I've matured and got into bikes how we let our bikes do the talking and take blasts into the countryside!
Blokes don't mature Rossgo, we just do a good job of pretending at the appropriate times... well maybe thats just me :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
Blokes don't mature Rossgo, we just do a good job of pretending at the appropriate times... well maybe thats just me :D
Hahaha! My partners family all say I need to mature and get out of all this bike stuff so I can settle down and have kids and that....feck that bikes are part of my mechanical set up, I say I've matured by going to the IAM!! Dont see any of them doing that [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
1 up to me I say!!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:
Hahaha! My partners family all say I need to mature and get out of all this bike stuff so I can settle down and have kids and that....feck that bikes are part of my mechanical set up, I say I've matured by going to the IAM!! Dont see any of them doing that [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
1 up to me I say!!
I'm getting cynical and in the middle of a pretty difficult situation at the moment Rossgo, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

BUT.. I have picked up that your partner is not overly supportive or understanding of your biking interest. And it sounds like her family are even more mis-informed and judgemental of your interest. Biking is a big part of who you are, they all need to accept that and not try to compromise who you are to suit their needs. I've just spent the last 15 yrs completely compromising who I am to suit others. I slowly tried to claw some back over the last 4-5 yrs, but it has been met with such ignorance and self absorbed attitudes (not just with biking) that coupled with a lot of other issues I've had enough.

So all I can implore is that you stay true to yourself. By all means compromise in your relationship because we all have to meet halfway, but don't do that to the point you are losing out on maintaining your core values. One of your core values is enjoying life, and you do that on a bike. Your attitude and approach to biking is more mature than mine, and I have nearly 20 yrs on you. So they have no idea what they are banging on about.

Rant over :x
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

^^^This is how I feel - although I haven't experienced the same situation as yourself Kiwi...

I'm such a family-orientated person that I was spending all my time doing things for other people to the point they expected it and I resented them (although they had done nothing wrong). Family relations started to get a little stressed and frayed until I started giving myself time for myself.

This is when I started spending up to 2 hours in the gym, in the sauna, in the swimming pool to get away from everyone and have some 'me-time' to reflect on myself and sort my emotions out.

I get on even better with my family than I did before and that's through spending a little less time with them.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Another fun filled day at the coal face for me.

I think I've got the January blues.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

At head office browsing the net and talking about motorbikes
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Tell them I'm more than happy to long term test their bikes. I'll cover the petrol.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Tell them I'm happy to long term test to in order to have clarity on the opinions offered by Kwacky. I too will cover cost of petrol.

ZX10R Kwacky?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I'll test anything. I'm not fussed.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

@Kiwi
Truthfully mate you speak so much sense and I take everything on board. I have told them there's no way I'll be giving this up. Even to a point if I had to choose to have a car or bike I would go for a bike as my main way of getting around. It really is part of you, my dad has ridden for years and years, all his brothers have done, my mum and dad have never said anything to me for riding and have always been understanding. You are very right about my partners family I think they think they know better, when they don't. If they have never tried it they will never know. At 16 my partner said she wanted a scooter (I wished she had in all honesty) but the family said no...well it's the mum, the dad doesn't really care he just has to go along with whatever the wifey says [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES], even ny partners brother wants to ride but the mum says no. I have no idea what her problem is with them, so I personally think it's down to her influencing everyone else!

I won't be loosing out on my biking career for as long as I can help it, the IAM has taught me so much and if they can't see that then that's not my problem. Education is key and personally bikes are only as dangerous as you make it, if you want to go 100MPH through a blind tight left hander within the possibility of a tractor towing a trailer and using up part of your lane then that's up to the rider, I try to ride within my limits.

Someone said at the 675cc fest (Aceman) "I would rather come out of a corner thinking I could of gone faster, than sliding out of the corner wishing I hadn't gone as fast" perfectly sums it up in my opinion. I'll education causes injuries and the IAM tries to educate you into the safest possible way of managing any situation you may face. It has really grown me up being a road user and keeps me so happy because I know I'm.actually doing things right and not wrecklessly etc!!
Cav

Post by Cav »

It's nice to read what you've just said Rossgo.

I don't know if it's just me that feels like this but I go out wanting to have a chilled ride at a progressive speed (progressive meaning making overtakes when safe/not unnecessary) but everytime I go out I get into a rhythm (the flow as I like to call it) and I just get faster and faster until my knee is down on almost every corner and I'm getting the bike moving about a bit underneath me.

The worst thing is I don't realise I'm doing it until I get into a town and am forced to slow down.

There's a nice pace that I always find when leading newer riders though. I always get feedback along the lines of - "that's faster than I thought I could ride but I felt so safe and the bike did everything for me.".. If only I could lead newbies all the time I'd be a lot slower and safer on the roads !!!