What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Rossgo »

Personally think the old bill are useless around here. Thames valley police give up as soon as they hear the phone ring. They are good at driving around going to BP stations though for their free coffee and that's about it.

No wait I lie they got my driving license handed in by a member of the public one time after a night out and they rang me up to say it was at the police station...other than that pretty fecking uselss.

I had my car kicked and punched went to the old bill said to them.it was them.in that car driving off and they totally ignored it! They were more interested in a statement what the feck!

I remember I was in slough police station one time and a fella from Uxbridge ran in panicking saying there's a gang of lads who's try to beat him up and Nick his car and they have followed him to slough station and were just outside. Do you know what the old bill said - it wasn't in our area he should of reported it to the Met...ffs what is wrong with these twunts the fella was #hitting bricks when he ran in leaving his car outside the station and the old bill couldn't give 2 fecks about it.

They make me so angry!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

The Police do a difficult job but some of the red tape and reams of paperwork their held back by needs to be cut to allow them to serve the public better. Clearly this is their job as a civil servant but the powers that be seem to have forgotten this and the limited resources are focused on terrorism and high end crime rather than community level policing.

Policing at a constables level should be 80% on the beat and 20% paperwork. Sadly it seems the opposite which is clearly not working for alot of communities.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Going into the Aston martin factory today with work,quite excited
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Perkles wrote:Going into the Aston martin factory today with work,quite excited
Cool.

I know they need to get a lot more efficient to make any money as they don't make profit and haven't for a long time. Maybe they are biting the bullet and want some robots? :)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

They need some Toolsetting and Spindle probes to really benefit. massive reduction in machine setting time and significantly less scrap!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Perkles wrote:Going into the Aston martin factory today with work,quite excited
Nice one, in comparison I have been outside on the roof of a Chinese looking at the ventilation.....I stink, I am greasy, I am not going to be eating a Chinese for a while I can tell you that much.....
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Aha.. it's like that at any fast food joint isn't it?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Aston martin filed a profit for this year
The factory tour was amazing and they use Kawasaki robots which they are very happy with
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Perkles wrote:Aston martin filed a profit for this year
The factory tour was amazing and they use Kawasaki robots which they are very happy with
Not all handbuilt anymore then...

Sounds brilliant I'd love to go on a tour. I did the mclaren factory 4 years ago. Amazing,
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Got man flu again (puke) (puke) (puke)

but managed to get my self out side and clean the horse poo out of my new trailer that the previous owner kindly left in it (doh)
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

C00kiemonster wrote:

Sounds brilliant I'd love to go on a tour. I did the mclaren factory 4 years ago. Amazing,
The guy that showed us around said they have lost a lot of staff to mcclaren
Blade

Post by Blade »

Seen a consultant today and going for a meniscectomy on Thursday :?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

At least you're getting it done at the right time of year. You can put your feet up and demand you get waited on over Christmas.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Haha that's was my thinking and won't effect my riding come summer hopefully either.

TBH I first went to my GP with knee problems in June. They want me to do another 3 months of physiotherapy then go on a 4.5 month waiting list for an operation.

I got fed up so rang Bupa. Hand picked my own surgeon (Same dude who does Manchester United knee work) , had an MRI scan the same day i rang, saw the surgeon the next day and have a surgery appointment for 7am Thursday, so all sorted in 4 days. NHS have the same treatment in just over a year.

Why can't the NHS perform like the private sector it's the same people at the end of the day.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Perkles wrote:
C00kiemonster wrote:

The guy that showed us around said they have lost a lot of staff to mcclaren
I'll bet they have. McLaren is growing and can sell everything they make, Aston less so these days I think.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Haha that's was my thinking and won't effect my riding come summer hopefully either.

TBH I first went to my GP with knee problems in June. They want me to do another 3 months of physiotherapy then go on a 4.5 month waiting list for an operation.

I got fed up so rang Bupa. Hand picked my own surgeon (Same dude who does Manchester United knee work) , had an MRI scan the same day i rang, saw the surgeon the next day and have a surgery appointment for 7am Thursday, so all sorted in 4 days. NHS have the same treatment in just over a year.

Why can't the NHS perform like the private sector it's the same people at the end of the day.
Because the NHS isn't run as a business, which it should be.

Did you have to pay or are you insured?

That's great your getting it done. At least you can have time over the winter to get it ship shape :)
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Tonight me and er indoors are off to Tom Kerridge's pub the Hand & Flowers in Marlow, this was one of her presents off last year this is how far in advance I had to book. (y)
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers Cookie. I'm insured through work so just the annual tax bill as classed as a benefit. Plus I have to pay an excess but the rest is insured.

It's not work being generous it's the fact they can't afford to have people in my role off long term as no one to stand in so private health care gets people back to work quicker is there theory.

I suppose it's a win win though as clearly I benefit although I do wish the NHS could operate at even just half the capacity of the Private sector. They have the talent the skills just too much waste and inefficiency and overinflated wages and contract day rates.

I don't like to slag the NHS as in theory it's a very good thing. Imo it's badly run and managed financially and could perform better without any need for budget increases. My main issue is your expected to be grateful for what ever poor quality health care the NHS can offer you. When private your treated with dignity and respect and very much like a customer who they want to be informed and satisfied with the treatment provided.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Day off today. Going to my lad's nativity play then doing my Christmas shopping.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Clearing a back load of chores today so mega exciting.