Syria, Immigrants and world politics.

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Syria, Immigrants and world politics.

Post by Kwacky »

D6 wrote:So only Native americans remain? That's nice of him. Be an empty country.

(lol)

If Mac needs a place to stay I'm sure we could look after him (y)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote:If he becomes US President we are all ****.
the more stupid things hes says the more his popularity rises ,says a lot about yanks im afraid
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Talking about; Stupid things, & popularity....

What's going to be the result of the vote this evening, are we going to bomb the very people who's opponents the Lords prevented us from bombing.?
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Two questions?

1. If we are already bombing Isis in Iraq what's the big issue about doing the same in Syria ?

2. Why are we even considering it, if it's not very effective. Would sanctions, cutting there wealth and supply chain not be more effective.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade - very good question. ISIS have a large area of control in Syria, but they're not an army do don't have a base as such. What the bombings in Iraq have taught ISIS is how to deal with air attacks, which means we're going to have to put men on the ground if we want to deal with them. But as the map shows, they're over a wide area and it's hard to tell one militant from another.

2. Money. War makes people money. We can't cut them off financially as they don't trade with us. They sell oil and are financed by rich families, many of which are in Saudi. Most of the extremist mosques in Europe are paid for by Saudi money. Read up on Wahhabism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

We have permission from the Iraqi government to bomb in Iraq. We don't have that in Syria.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Blade wrote:Two questions?

1. If we are already bombing Isis in Iraq what's the big issue about doing the same in Syria ?

2. Why are we even considering it, if it's not very effective. Would sanctions, cutting there wealth and supply chain not be more effective.
It makes Cameron to look like a hero,it's simply a knee jerk reaction to what happened in France
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Perkles wrote:........,it's simply a knee jerk reaction to what happened in France
Precisely. The politicians are so full of themselves that they want to be seen to be doing something about a situation that is universally considered abhorrent.
I fully expect that logic, reason & expected outcome will come a very distant second to their egos.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

StMarks wrote:
Perkles wrote:........,it's simply a knee jerk reaction to what happened in France
Precisely. The politicians are so full of themselves that they want to be seen to be doing something about a situation that is universally considered abhorrent.
I fully expect that logic, reason & expected outcome will come a very distant second to their egos.
Sadly the need to be seen to be doing what looks right to the great unwashed is endemic in politicians in our current society, I'm afraid to say nobility of purpose is extinct (if it ever existed in a democracy that is).
duke63

Post by duke63 »

All politics now is about what is the public perception of what is being done rather than what is really being done.

I have to say I don't think the Internet has helped in that respect.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Sone very interesting information and has given me a much better understanding, cheers and thanks for answering my questions.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

I don't watch any of this crap on TV (tv is only on when the kids watch it actually) so I come to thi thread to keep up to date with balanced views and clear explanations of what's going on. We feel very removed from it down here, and there is so much propaganda around it I struggle to believe a word I hear.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:All politics now is about what is the public perception of what is being done rather than what is really being done.

I have to say I don't think the Internet has helped in that respect.
Your right there.

Its interesting the media are promoting very rich people and their lifestyles as much as possible (there are programs about it on al last every channel) trying to program the populous to admire them and aspire to being that rich. Another control mechanism.

I've watched some of the programs and it beggars belief the waste, greed and stupidity of many of the people on it. God knows what the intelligently wealthy waste.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I would love to see some information on who owns what and who pays who to write and broadcast stuff on the TV and internet. I suspect the truth is very hard to find.

We hardly ever see good investigative journalism anymore that outs corruption. The last one was probably the MPs expenses in this country and the result of that was the public enquiry into the phone hacking scandal and not how and why so many MPs fiddled the system.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Channel 4 is the best source for news you can find from the mainstream media. They explain the items with balanced views and they're not afraid of asking awkward questions.

The BBC is beyond a joke now. They're obsessed with Corbyn.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Apparently the guy who runs the BBC News (can't remember his name) is a former Murdock editor and a close friend of Cameron.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Monty wrote:Apparently the guy who runs the BBC News (can't remember his name) is a former Murdock editor and a close friend of Cameron.
It plays on TV exactly like that too. I used to enjoy BBC breakfast in the morning with a cuppa. I end up moaning at the TV and turning it off now. So unbalanced and focussed on one or two stories rather than telling me what's going on in the world.

When the national broadcaster is biased, what chance to the populous have?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Not a great surprise but also not good news.

Paris attacks: Plot leader 'had UK links' - reports - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35013221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

use of the word "plausible" there. They then go on to talk about social media. They're clutching at straws to make a connection.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It gets better

Saudi Arabia has had a pop at Norway about Norway's human rights record

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/saudi ... 01796.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saudi Arabia has criticised Norway's human rights record, accusing the country of failing to protect its Muslim citizens and not doing enough to counter criticism of the prophet Mohammed.

The gulf state called for all criticism of religion and of prophet Mohammed to be made illegal in Norway. It also expressed concern at “increasing cases of domestic violence, rape crimes and inequality in riches” and noted a continuation of hate crimes against Muslims in the country.

Perhaps Norway should stone, behead or crucify anyone who dares step out of line?

Or better yet, Saudi could take in the displaced people and show the world how its done?