What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Monty »

Had a bizarre morning. Needed to get some new tyres for the A3 and as it's a lease car I have to take it to Kwik Fit as they have contract for the lease company. So looked on the map and there was one next door to the 10 o'clock meeting I had this morning. Got there at 9.15 and parked up and wondered in expecting to tell the guy what I wanted leave the keys and go to my meeting.

First thing the guy said was I haven't got time to look now but fill in this form and leave me the keys. So I did and wondered out to get my bag and drop off the keys. Away I get to the car and I'm sitting there reading some emails and the same guy comes out with a tyre gauge and starts measuring the tyre depths so I get out for a chat to tell him what I want.

First thing he says is you've got 3 mil on this side and 4 mil on that side, no way the lease company will change these they need to be under 2 mill. Fine I said I'll take it some where else thinking that would be it. But no he starts off well I've filled in the forms now and carried on measuring the rear. I don't want any rear tyres they're fine. So I try and explain to him that I'll wait until they are at 2 mil and go some where else, and he gives me some sh!t about just doing his job.

Starts getting really weird now as the the more I'm explaining that I what to forget it the more arsy he gets, to the point where I say "why are you being such a dick head"

That's it then he flips out goes running off to his boss shouting this guy just called me a dick head. Away his boss comes over and I explain that I'm just trying to leave and don't want any tyres and his fecking boss starts measuring my tyres!

By this point I'm shaking with rage, jump in the car drive off. Last thing I heard was "Don't worry John, I've got his number plate"

Fecking bizarre!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Don't worry its only rubber I'm sure they will bounce back.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

doughnuts in the car park may have reduced the rubber limits
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Sat in a walk in clinic waiting to see a nurse. Had a sodding cold for about 8 weeks now and it's really dropped to my chest now.

The coughing is getting so bad I kept myself awake for over an hour last night.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6Nutz wrote:Sat in a walk in clinic waiting to see a nurse. Had a sodding cold for about 8 weeks now and it's really dropped to my chest now.

The coughing is getting so bad I kept myself awake for over an hour last night.
Jeez Jon, that's sounding like pneumonia. Hope you get on top if it soon!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Oh no that sounds terrible. Hope you haven't got pneumonia Nutz and hope you pick up soon pal.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Monty wrote:Had a bizarre morning. Needed to get some new tyres for the A3 and as it's a lease car I have to take it to Kwik Fit as they have contract for the lease company. So looked on the map and there was one next door to the 10 o'clock meeting I had this morning. Got there at 9.15 and parked up and wondered in expecting to tell the guy what I wanted leave the keys and go to my meeting.

First thing the guy said was I haven't got time to look now but fill in this form and leave me the keys. So I did and wondered out to get my bag and drop off the keys. Away I get to the car and I'm sitting there reading some emails and the same guy comes out with a tyre gauge and starts measuring the tyre depths so I get out for a chat to tell him what I want.

First thing he says is you've got 3 mil on this side and 4 mil on that side, no way the lease company will change these they need to be under 2 mill. Fine I said I'll take it some where else thinking that would be it. But no he starts off well I've filled in the forms now and carried on measuring the rear. I don't want any rear tyres they're fine. So I try and explain to him that I'll wait until they are at 2 mil and go some where else, and he gives me some sh!t about just doing his job.

Starts getting really weird now as the the more I'm explaining that I what to forget it the more arsy he gets, to the point where I say "why are you being such a dick head"

That's it then he flips out goes running off to his boss shouting this guy just called me a dick head. Away his boss comes over and I explain that I'm just trying to leave and don't want any tyres and his fecking boss starts measuring my tyres!

By this point I'm shaking with rage, jump in the car drive off. Last thing I heard was "Don't worry John, I've got his number plate"

Fecking bizarre!
Strange people.

When I used to buy the tyres for our fleet cars at my old place, I was given information that whilst the legal limit is 1.6mm, the performance in wet weather is significantly reduced at anything under 3mm. So I was instructed to ensure that they were changed as soon as they hit this level. I even bought all the reps their own tyre depth gauges so that they could plan it better.
Blade

Post by Blade »

That sounds a sensible approach D6, hopefully you get it sorted soon Monty.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Waited over an hour, then asked and was told there was at least another hour and a half to wait.

The car park would have been closed by the so had to leave. Back to trying the local surgery again tomorrow.

I hate being ill.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nutz hope it's nothing serious mate. Those walk in clinics are stupidly long waits!
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Off to the dentists in a minute to get a tooth looked at as its giving me real stick, this is the one I had re filled about 2 weeks ago (gah)
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Been to the seaside.... Westgate on sea......ish..... What a depressing coastline over this part of the country....
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

What ya doing over there?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Drive to the supermarket to pick up some cereal. It was bloody windy yesterday, that storm gave the trees a bloody good battering. My car was shaking like mad while driving along the roads!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:What ya doing over there?
Working, Now I am back in the world of the worker lol....
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Frankie wrote:
Kwacky wrote:What ya doing over there?
Working, Now I am back in the world of the worker lol....
How's the new job going ?
I got told in a management meeting today no pressure but the company is relying on you for the future growth of the business
No pressure my arse :D
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ha ha ha.... NO PRESSURE :) yep jobs good, still early days but I am enjoying it so far, lots to get my teeth into, with my special skills ;)
I think the pressure will get piled on a little more after Christmas.

But I have to say I need this in my life, a little pressure,, being motivated, chasing the next goal, all this is part of my DNA, been working some long hours night and day, but you dont mind when you enjoy it all.... I tried something else, it was not for me, coming back into an industry I know is good.

But if I had not done what I did, I would not know what I know now and would have always wondered :)
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

It's great when you win a new order isn't it,it's like a drug to me
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Oh Yeah (handshake) (raaar) chickenstrips o/

Ha Ha, got one today, guy wanted a deal for 40 to 50 units, sorted out a special price, order just came in for 100 units ;)
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Perkles wrote:It's great when you win a new order isn't it,it's like a drug to me
Yep same here for about 20 seconds and then I need another one
Monty™© MCMLXXII