H2R Brands Hatch lap

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: H2R Brands Hatch lap

Post by Kwacky »

Cav wrote:The main thing for me is enjoyment and I guess it is the same for you.

As long as you do enjoy it, who cares how fast you are! :)

Amen to that.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Kwacky wrote:I'm never going to be fast on a bike. I stopped worrying about it years ago.
Yeah me to, recon you're either naturally fast or not with not a lot in between. I can get to a sub one minute at Brands (58/59) and then hit I a wall. Not literally, but just couldn't go any faster.

What I really want to do is sort out my body positioning so that I'm more comfortable being average. The last few track days have been quite painful and it started to take the fun out of it.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I spent a fair amount of time critiquing my body position and the best thing for it was getting your photo taken, analysing it and trying to correct it. Practicing on a stationary bike also helps.

It all depends on how much you want to improve it, if you aren't that fussed then just relax and loosen your grip on the bars or spread the weight between both your feet more evenly
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I spread my weight by resting my gut on the tank.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:I spread my weight by resting my gut on the tank.
Haha.. awesome! I know someone who bought a tank bag just so they could rest their upper body more
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Late to the thread, but top riding Cav, you're taking better lines than the instructor! I noticed on more than one corner you go deeper into the corner, but harder on the brakes and get a much better drive and straight line out.. I definitely think you caught him unawares!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

Kwacky wrote:I spread my weight by resting my gut on the tank.
Quality :D
Cav

Post by Cav »

kiwikrasher wrote:Late to the thread, but top riding Cav, you're taking better lines than the instructor! I noticed on more than one corner you go deeper into the corner, but harder on the brakes and get a much better drive and straight line out.. I definitely think you caught him unawares!
Thanks Kiwi !

If I had another 20bhp I would probably have had him a corner or 2 sooner. The last corner is bloody horrible!! It looks as if you've missed the corner and it's off camber, downhill and multiple sections of tarmac to cross so I struggled with confidence there which meant I braked too early every time.

I love the bit when I'm on his right and he looks over his left shoulder!
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Fwiw I totally agree with the comments re the Inters group, there are a lot of egos in that group that belong in novices (at best), the amount of reds shows the problems involved and although chrono days came about to prevent that, people don't like being told they're too slow for that group - very often with expensive bikes and kit as well.

I hung on in novice and Inters for too long, once I made the decision to try the Fast group I didn't look back. I did put myself down a group on the first track day back after my first leg op, but was stopped by a Marshall at the end of the first session and told to move back up as it was unsafe. Mind you I'd probably be in novices again now as I haven't ridden on track for 18 months. :D
Cav

Post by Cav »

Deegee wrote:Fwiw I totally agree with the comments re the Inters group, there are a lot of egos in that group that belong in novices (at best), the amount of reds shows the problems involved and although chrono days came about to prevent that, people don't like being told they're too slow for that group - very often with expensive bikes and kit as well.

I hung on in novice and Inters for too long, once I made the decision to try the Fast group I didn't look back. I did put myself down a group on the first track day back after my first leg op, but was stopped by a Marshall at the end of the first session and told to move back up as it was unsafe. Mind you I'd probably be in novices again now as I haven't ridden on track for 18 months. :D
I'm exactly the same as you.. when I went up to Fast Group I knew instantly it was the right group for me - although I was still petrified.

When I went to Donington I filled a mates space last minute so had to go in Group 1 (Novice) on a Crono day. Good thing with that is you do 2 sessions then they change your groups. They put me straight into Group 3 (Fast) and I was petrified again. I asked someone to show me their way around the circuit (guy on a GSXR1000 doing 1.44/45 laps) and realised that I was quite alright in that group as he was holding me up. After that I was completely fine and feel that I do belong in that group a bit more now.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Just found some more footage of me on YouTube :D

https://youtu.be/cQdEx_1dskk?t=7m40s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Which bit is you? That's not your bike the camera is on is it?

I do prefer the national to the GP layout.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Sorry I forgot to say - I go past the camera bike at the first corner and you can see me for a bit on the following corners

I would like to try the national layout