Rossgo does Rome

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Rossgo does Rome

Post by Rossgo »

Travelled back home today. Had a late night once again.

Rome was marvellous.

Here's a few more pics

Just a quick pic. Seen a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis, even saw a few Ducatis. But this was funny. The guy pulls up while we we're having our tea (outside restaurant in lush weather) and he locks it up walks off. Some guys walked out of some place and start posing by it. Anyway the lambos been sitting there for around 20 minutes and it had taken lots of interest. Security guard had to come out and protect it!! The owner comes back grabs something from the car and just walks off again. Think he was quite used to the car getting attention. Thought it was pretty cool

It then opened a debate if you owned a exclusive car like a lambo would you mind people gathering around it taking pics etc?

Anyway some more pics
This is a shame because the sun was setting and therefore my phone couldn't take a great pic. But I believe this is a pic from a place called the Spanish steps (please correct me if I'm wrong). Absolutely stunning view. felt like you was on top of the Rome almost like you was overseeing it. This is where the swanky, rich and famous stay for their nights in Rome.
We knew about this view and area but the tour bus doesn't take you there. In fact the map was shoddy we actually found this by accident after walking for around an 45mins to an hour maybe more, kinda lost count, just going down streets. Oh and found a really nice shopping centre by walking down these streets!!

This was the Spanish steps. It was so busy. Bit so worth it. If anyone wanted to visit, do it at sunset, we also saw a newly married couple having their pics taken at the top with the view of the top of Rome. Seriously incredible

Ok like most of my pics I have not got a clue , what the places are called. But caught this at 1800hrs. Changing the guards over. Was a total of 4 minutes (according to my phone)!!

Need I say anything about these pics !! Food was fantastic...in fact I'll say the food everywhere was fantastic. These guys know how to cook!

Heres a few more at random

ImageImageImage

This one is interesting. Back in the Roman times this would of been a semi circle great hall. You can just see the marble floor, or what remains of it. It was amazing how many ruins they have over there!!

Last one I promisd. This was the ballet/opera. Very moving powerful stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

That's it now I could go on and on with pics haha!!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Rossgo does Rome

Post by Kwacky »

I thought this was worthy of a its own thread, so I moved it.

Looks fantastic mate.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks Kwacky that's great. Didn't realise how much I had wrote and how many pics I had placed in the post!!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Amazing city isn't it,my sister has lived there for 26 years and owns a print shop near the Spanish steps
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Rossgo does Rome doesnt have the same appeal as Debbie does Dallas but lookin good Rossgo mate lookin good 8) haha lol (lol)

Glad you had a good trip mate. You work hard so play hard and enjoy life is my view.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perks. Yes really is beautiful, everywhere you look, it has a story to it.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade yes your right, work hard play hard! Only live once and could easily get taken out on the way back from work tomorrow so got to see and do as much as possible...apart from sky diving...sky diving is a quick way to a early grave in my opinion haha!!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sounds a great trip and some amazing photographs Rossgo. Glad you had a nice time.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Nice one mate, thanks for posting :)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I really must visit it some time.

And please post more photos if you've got them :)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It's amazing. Very busy, oh the car and scooter drivers/ riders are crazy. Literally if there's a gap you see, blink and that gap will be filled. I always think of the traffic like that being 3rd and 2nd world countries, never 1st world. I am pretty glad I am British as there are rules we follow, there it's non existant. Seriously red lights mean go, Amber means go. Green means go. Pedestrians crossing arb a crossing, still means go, oh and riders are mad, I witnessed them riding on paths to cut out the traffic on the road. Oh and for what I witnessed. They hate waiting for anything, beep for everything. The first day I moaned because I didn't see the legendary Italian impatience but I have filled myself up with the sound of hornsso much I hope I don't hear one again for the next year haha!!

I'll take a look through and see what else I can post for pics wise.

I will just say I did absolutly love it. Was amazing, I was constantly thinking about what it used to be like and the magnificence of it all eg Roman times these ruins were buildings for the rich or great halls or markets. There really was a lot you could spend months looking around!!
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

I was in Rome for New Years eve about 5 years ago, brilliant it was, I like the place but they do like their graffiti don't they.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yes they do. It's everywhere!