The Glorious British Summer

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: The Glorious British Summer

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:That's our summers hottest day [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
We get plenty of 40+ deg C days in summer Rossgo. During the hottest spells I've seen overnight lows of 28-29 deg C. And we are not in the hottest part of Aussie by a long stretch.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Rossgo wrote:That's our summers hottest day [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
We get plenty of 40+ deg C days in summer Rossgo. During the hottest spells I've seen overnight lows of 28-29 deg C. And we are not in the hottest part of Aussie by a long stretch.
Pirelli Supercorsa weather [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]. Only time I would trust them!! Us Brits aren't used to that sort of heat...people die over here when it hits 30 + degrees!!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

You ridden on the Supercorsa Rossgo. I was out for my first ride on them the other day and although it was only about 14 degrees they stuck like sh1t to a blanket. Mind blowing levels of grip which gave you loads of confidence.

If you haven't ever tried them maybe give them a whirl next summer they are a brilliant tyre and genuinely live up to the hype.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Are the supercorsas any more expensive or do they last as many miles as others if similar cost? Sounds good.
Blade

Post by Blade »

They tend to be more expensive cookie but I've been getting them for £200 a pair which is cheap for a premium tyre.

The last pair actually came from France so you may be able to source cheaper locally.

I got the version 2 which is dual compound so mileage might be a little better but not expecting more than 2000 miles a set which I would be very happy about.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

C00kiemonster wrote:Are the supercorsas any more expensive or do they last as many miles as others if similar cost? Sounds good.
i used to get a couple of track days out of a rear or about 1500 miles
Blade

Post by Blade »

I reckon 1500-2000 miles from the dual compound version should be possible then if I stick to fast road riding only.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

I reckon you would get more if the new ones are dual compound and road use only.I used to buy soft front with a medium rear
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade. I have tried them and yes I tend to agree they do lean and stuck very well in the heat...a week later and a few hundred miles in stupidily went around a roundabout leaning a little too much on very cold tyres...next thing my bike and I were sliding down the road...never again will I use them in Britain haha!! But this is down to personal choice I will add I also usedb them.in the rain and again when hot they were OK through the rain but 1 off and I'm OFF them hahaha!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Rossgo I would certainly consider trying them again. They really are a stunning tyre and you shouldn't let one bad experience spoil any future fun imo.

In fairness I think on any brand of tyre in the circumstances you described you would have come off. We've all been there mate and sometimes it just can't be helped.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Wry true Blade it could happen with any tyre but when you consider the amount of slick there is on the supercorsas you can see why they are brilliant in the hot weather. I must admit I'd be tempted too try them in the hot summer day but because I go out in any weather I couldn't buy them and have them myself I'm sorry, a tyre has to do all weather's for me with a quick warm up time
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I fricking love SCs....but it's horses for courses.....great with heat in them, bit squirmy without...AND..the pressures you run make all the difference in the world.