The truth about UK refugee immigration

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

The truth about UK refugee immigration

Post by duke63 »

On the radio at lunchtime.

Number of refugees taken in by the UK in the first 6 months of this year - 26,000

Number of refugees taken in by Germany in the same period - 800,000

Frankly if that is true the government ought to feel ashamed.
Si.
Your Bike: fireblade

Re: The truth about UK refugee immigration

Post by Si. »

Actually, thats wrong. Speaking to an immigration client that he and his office processes immigrants in this country, that are moved up to Yorkshire, Midlands, Scotland south Wales and Northern England is closer to 600,000.
Thats from the horses mouth and all that, not some third party tabloid/government official/news.

But the news won't let you know that...and thats in the past 12 mths.
Last edited by Si. on 02 Sep 2015, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Germany is a much bigger country.
Si.

Post by Si. »

Blade wrote:Germany is a much bigger country.
And, speaking to germans, they quietly move them on.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

To Yorkshire by the sounds of it (blush)

I thought asylum seekers were supposed to seek asylum in the first country offering safe haven not cross Europe cherry picking where best to settle.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Si. wrote:Actually, thats wrong. Speaking to an immigration client that he and his office processes immigrants in this country, that are moved up to Yorkshire, Midlands, Scotland south Wales and Northern England is closer to 600,000.
Thats from the horses mouth and all that, not some third party tabloid/government official/news.

But the news won't let you know that...and thats in the past 12 mths.
That will be all immigration including EU countries i suspect, Si.
Si.

Post by Si. »

Nope, not according to the dude.

The news and tabloids will only tell you what they have been told/allowed to tell you....

We went through Calais this year, and there was a massive city built with tents and temporary buildings housing thousands of them, all detained/wanting to come here..the town was overrun with them. It was a bit scary, and the Hotel we stayed in was housing them too...the restaurants where quiet due to them putting punters off with them in doorways begging for money etc... We stayed in this hotel the past 4 years, and we noticed a massive difference in this year, and it just felt unsafe. Some have sad stories to tell...most of them are downright dodgy.

They bin their passports, so immigration services don't even know where they are from....
Last edited by Si. on 02 Sep 2015, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Germany may physically be bigger but it's got about the same population. EU immigrant input is supposed to be based on that, not the actual size of the country.

Immigration figures can be manipulated. The low figure may only include people from within a given area, the higher figure will probably include European migrants

Seeing photos of dead children washed up on the shore should make us take a look at our stance and the way that the press reports these issues.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

IMHO there is no "immigration/migration problem" whatsoever.
The governments & developed societies of the world are fussing about something that is utterly unimportant in real terms.
People should be free to live wherever they wish, as long as they do so in abeyance of the laws & cultures of the society that governs the location that they would like to be part of.
It should not be a problem at all.

However, of course, it is.

This is because the real problem does not stem from the freedom or rights of people to migrate as they choose.

The actual problem (that the above issues are merely one of the symptoms of ), & the issue that no culture or government is doing anything effective to address is..:

Anyone read Dan Brown's Inferno yet.???
duke63

Post by duke63 »

The biggest issue of all to me is that our government has fought wars in countries in which it has no right, destabilising the country and causing these people to flee through fear of their lives. Yet when we do need to do something, such as Syria, then we don't get involved at all.

And the official report into the first of these wars has been suppressed for so long now as those who were at fault don't want their names to be dragged through the mud and the longer they stop it being published then the less meaning it will have.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

StMarks wrote:
I did and admired the 'villain' in the story. It makes sense when you think about it and I reckon the methods have been looked into already. Off topic, I bought a copy of The Divine Comedy but have yet to start it. Maybe after American Psycho.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

TonyB wrote:
StMarks wrote:
I did and admired the 'villain' in the story. It makes sense when you think about it and I reckon the methods have been looked into already. Off topic, I bought a copy of The Divine Comedy but have yet to start it. Maybe after American Psycho.
Yup I read it too and making you think about the reality of the issue was quite frightening. I too starting the think of the 'villain' in a different light.

Chuff mate that Divine Comedy is going to be a tough read.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

kiwikrasher wrote:
TonyB wrote:
StMarks wrote:
Yup I read it too and making you think about the reality of the issue was quite frightening. I too starting the think of the 'villain' in a different light.

I think I'll pass on Divine Comedy too :^

Fwiw I personally don't / didn't see Bertrand Zobrist as "the villain" , but as the ultimate selfless martyr.??

The pressures currently being caused to our communities by the influx of a few million is literally nothing compared to the stresses that we will be seeing, and on a global scale .!

Meanwhile I'll just enjoy my trackdays, safe in the knowledge that it's unlikely I'll have to endure it myself.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

StMarks wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:
TonyB wrote: I did and admired the 'villain' in the story. It makes sense when you think about it and I reckon the methods have been looked into already. Off topic, I bought a copy of The Divine Comedy but have yet to start it. Maybe after American Psycho.

I think I'll pass on Divine Comedy too :^

Fwiw I personally don't / didn't see Bertrand Zobrist as "the villain" , but as the ultimate selfless martyr.??
(f1) to passing on the divine comedy.

I like Dan Brown. Got a few of his books in audiable to listen to when I'm driving.

It's an interesting conundrum. Would you sacrifice the few to save the many if you had the knowledge it was nessesary and had the power to do so?

Bit deep for a Thursday, I'm of for a 9 mile run to consider it..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Yes
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote:Yes
Would you include yourself and your family or would you only decide for other people wether they should make the sacrifice?

I don't feel anyone has the right to decide who lives or dies ( except in the case of death penalties for people of no positive influence on society and found guilty of henous crimes against others)

The problem is continued population increase. If we are going to put effort into curbing that, surely the effort should be put into preventing excess new life rather than ending existing life.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

on the news this morning it sounds like cameron is bowing to the pressure and going to open our borders up
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Monty wrote:Yes
Would you include yourself and your family or would you only decide for other people wether they should make the sacrifice?

I don't feel anyone has the right to decide who lives or dies ( except in the case of death penalties for people of no positive influence on society and found guilty of henous crimes against others)

The problem is continued population increase. If we are going to put effort into curbing that, surely the effort should be put into preventing excess new life rather than ending existing life.
Impossible to answer, but I don't believe we have an over population problem.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Having seen firsthand some of the shit that goes on, I'd want to do one as well. OK, I haven't been to Syria, but I saw the aftermath of war in Iraq in 2006 and fought against the Taliban in 2007 alongside the Afghan Army that I helped train.
Seeing that 5 year old Syrian boy face down in the sea yesterday made me think about what I'd do if I were in that situation, I have a 5 year old boy too. I feel sorry for those people making the journey to Europe to escape.
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Monty wrote:........, but I don't believe we have an over population problem.
(shocked)

Seriously Monty.??

So, what level of Human population/exploitation do you believe that the planet's Eco-system can comfortably sustain please mate.??