What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by kingfixer »

I must mention the disabled driver in Marborough who was a complete and utter Arsehole !!!! Obviously didn't like bikers at all , what a tosser !!!

Nice to meet up with Frankie again, breakfast on me next time (blush)
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That happened to me a few years ago. As I went to over take the BMW I had followed fit a while the back lit up. I gave him the thumbs up and stayed behind him until he left the A road.
edd1e
Your Bike: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Post by edd1e »

Frankie wrote:Went for a little spin, caught up with Kingfixer for brunch... however the reason for my post is the amount of muppet's out there today was higher than normal. However I will not dwell on the twats out there, but the good people. 8)

I was heading down the M4 this morning, quiet a lick on, when I come up behind a Volvo, dark blue supporting a GB sticker, nothing out of the ordinary. In typical style the road was open on the two inside lanes, but he would not move over!!! 9 times out of 10 I would not have wasted anytime and just gone past, however this time I waited a little, we went from 65 mph to over the ton, he would not pull over, I thought wtf is going on.

I was not sitting close, about two/three car lengths but keeping pace, still clear on the inside, just as I was about to move into lane 2, a sign popped up on the back shelf, red illuminated one, (The one you just sink when you see it) "POLICE SLOW" Oh bollox :(

But that was it, he just told me to slow down, I waved thank you he waved back... I slowed down lol.... PHEW!!! what a nice Policeman for sure.

I dont think the guy in the white van, getting up his arse then undertaking him felt the same, as the police car proceeded to follow him off the M4 at the junction DOH!
Was this on the M4 near Newbury / Reading way? I see that Volvo all the time with the GB sticker. Spends a lot of time around Oxford.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie, nice of him not to do you but surely he was just pushing you as he didn't pull over to let you progress.
It annoys me this situation because I've just had a observed ride where the observer was telling me I WASNT making progress on dual carriage way, he said he would of been fine with 85 90 because the examiners don't mind you doing it. But the speed limit is 70...it's really how the police officer sees the highway code...your never be right they can get the arse on very quickly if they want to.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Had a 40 mile observed ride...didn't go too well I missed 4 indications and and dual carriageway positioning all over the place. Haven't been to the meet for so long need to get observed by others more often got a 2/3 as overall score. Got quite a few 1s and 2s on the sheet but those couple of things really nailed me down.

However after the observer said go for a ride afterwards on some local roads...so many of them I haven't ever been on free of traffic however bumped into a fair few horses, other than that was amazing! In total did around 125 miles today
edd1e

Post by edd1e »

Each to their own Ross, but i can't think of anything worse to do on a bike.

I know the aim is to make you a safer rider and both of my parents are TVAM Observers, but i just don't see the appeal. A bike is for fun for me and that is not fun (for me).

Hope it continues to go well though mate if that's what you're in to. :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Took the ZX6R out for a little spin to check the brakes.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Took the wheel off for the first time, to Take it and get the tyre replaced after a puncture.
uploadfromtaptalk1439750668849.jpg
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

kingfixer wrote:I must mention the disabled driver in Marborough who was a complete and utter Arsehole !!!! Obviously didn't like bikers at all , what a tosser !!!

Nice to meet up with Frankie again, breakfast on me next time (blush)
He was just an arrogant twat! sat there beeping his horn and and then proceeded to be a right knob with his parking and mouthing off! looking behind him he had a foots worth of space at the back of the car, he was just being a twat. Ha ha the old guy and his missus walked past and said to me, "he is not a biker is he" lol.... made me laugh when the copper turned up in his car, stopped and rolled down the window, I stuck my head in to see what he wanted (had my helmet / ear plugs in) could not hear him, all the while Mr Twat face was watching Mick to see if he scratched his car :^

All the copper wanted, was to know if the that bike was mine, I said yes, he said what do you think, I said I loved it, he did too he has one as well (giggle)
I shook his hand (made a point of it - so Mr Twat face could see) (rolf) (mooning)

No worries Mick, see you next week for another one of their fine full English 8) :D

I also went back the route we took to and saw the copper again, this time he was working, there was a bit of a smash, looked like a car over took a cyclist, and had a head on with another car, no one hurt, but a bit of a mess.
Rossgo wrote:Frankie, nice of him not to do you but surely he was just pushing you as he didn't pull over to let you progress.
I don't know, but to be fair he could have pulled me there and then we were well above the ton and going up, I think I was a very lucky boy (facepalm) ;)

Ed, Yes it was between junction 8/9 and 11.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Rossgo wrote:Had a 40 mile observed ride...didn't go too well I missed 4 indications and and dual carriageway positioning all over the place. Haven't been to the meet for so long need to get observed by others more often got a 2/3 as overall score. Got quite a few 1s and 2s on the sheet but those couple of things really nailed me down.

However after the observer said go for a ride afterwards on some local roads...so many of them I haven't ever been on free of traffic however bumped into a fair few horses, other than that was amazing! In total did around 125 miles today

Should have come out with me mate, I'll show ya....... ;) :)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

edd1e wrote:Each to their own Ross, but i can't think of anything worse to do on a bike.

I know the aim is to make you a safer rider and both of my parents are TVAM Observers, but i just don't see the appeal. A bike is for fun for me and that is not fun (for me).

No completely agree not everyone is into the same things and if we were the world would be such a boring place Image.

At first I started doing it to lower my insurance due to the claims etc needed something to lower it, however it's turned into more than that now. Really enjoying learning. I'll never be perfect but that's not my aim, my aim now is to learn how to progress safely and to enjoy the road more.

To be honest though your a very confident rider and you do European trips which give you a lot of skills and experience. Plus I'm sure after watching g your parents ride you would of picked things up without having to go through the whole process...can't be that bad [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
edd1e

Post by edd1e »

Rossgo wrote:
edd1e wrote:Each to their own Ross, but i can't think of anything worse to do on a bike.

No completely agree not everyone is into the same things and if we were the world would be such a boring place Image.

At first I started doing it to lower my insurance due to the claims etc needed something to lower it, however it's turned into more than that now. Really enjoying learning. I'll never be perfect but that's not my aim, my aim now is to learn how to progress safely and to enjoy the road more.

To be honest though your a very confident rider and you do European trips which give you a lot of skills and experience. Plus I'm sure after watching g your parents ride you would of picked things up without having to go through the whole process...can't be that bad [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
Fair play mate! (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Give me a shout if there's another breakfast meet on the go.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie wrote:
Should have come out with me mate, I'll show ya....... ;) :)
One problem I can't keep up with you for you to show me haha!!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Really wanted to meet up with Frankie and Mick today, but my rear tyre is shot and that sort of millage would be silly.

I took the bike back to my brother in laws garage, but managed to find a few country lanes on the way. New lanes on me, nice little single track where there are no cars and your elbow is skimming the hedge.. (rock)

Time to save up for a new tyre.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

raced it round mallory at an EMRA meeting. :)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Nice one mate, how did you get on? I am sure I saw Jack was there, any pics ? :)
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Kwacky wrote:Give me a shout if there's another breakfast meet on the go.
Will do, to be fair this was finalised at 8am on Sunday morning |-) (facepalm) (giggle)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ordered a Rizoma bar end for the SX for the clutch side. The right side has a lever protector.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Frankie wrote:Nice one mate, how did you get on? I am sure I saw Jack was there, any pics ? :)
I got some of his boy Josh , so far I haven't come across any of Rich , I didn't stay all day though