BT Sport Price Increase

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

BT Sport Price Increase

Post by Blade »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (blush) but always better to be fore warned IMO (mm)

The robbing barstools that are BT are now going to charge for Motogp and if you have sky and want to watch the motogp coverage from August onwards in HD it will cost you £23.99 a month (shocked) ..................................................................robbing barstool c*nts (swear)

More info below :

BT Sport are set to hike the price British fans will pay to watch MotoGP on the channel, with the end of free-to-watch GP coverage for BT customers coming with the introduction of a £5 per month charge to watch.

Offering free access to the channel to BT Broadband customers since its introduction, the new pricing plan will see Premier League football and Aviva Premiership football remain free, under the BT Sport Lite plan.

However, customers wishing to watch UEFA Champions League and Europa League, FA Cup, European Rugby Champions Cup, UFC and MotoGP will now be subject to the new charge.

Moreover, fans watching on Sky without BT Broadband will also be subject to price increases, as the cost jumps from £13.50 to £19.99, with an additional £4 to watch in in high definition.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Re: BT Sport Price Increase

Post by Monty »

Bye bye BT broadband, ironically my contract is up in August.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade

Post by Blade »

Dont blame you Monty, I wont be paying Virgin any extra as I will happily watch the free coverage on ITV4 highlights.

Hopefully other people vote with their feet too and BT get the message as its not fair charging bikers for Motogp in an attempt to recover some of the ridiculous amount of money they paid to get some of the Premier League Matches on BT sport.

If I do have to pay for motogp I would use the offical online app from Motogp.com which is A, cheaper than sky at £23.99 and B, has much more content.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

They all are.... I have resorted to hiding from all news on Moto GP for the weekend and watching highlights on ITV4, since eurosport lost it.
Obvious now, BT Sport underbid to get the rights, stuffed the competition, then a year (not even that) whack the prices up....robbers the lot of them.
They will loose support and money in the long run doing this......
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Going to be interesting seeing the viewing figures after the charges.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The way TV is run and who runs it in the UK needs some big changes.

There is so little competition.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

VPN + Torrent = $9 AUD/month.. just sayin' (devil)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I think I still get it free with Virgin. I'll have to check.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

If you have bt tv, moto gp is still free.
If you have bt infinity you can get bt tv for £0 per month (£35 activation fee).
I think anyway! Browsing on my phone and the bt website is a pain.

I've got bt tv with my broadband and I'm fairly sure I still get btsport next year.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:I think I still get it free with Virgin. I'll have to check.
I'm the same and couldn't find any info on a price increase but I think it will probably come as they will want to pass in the cost.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

DaytonAndy wrote:If you have bt tv, moto gp is still free.
If you have bt infinity you can get bt tv for £0 per month (£35 activation fee).
I think anyway! Browsing on my phone and the bt website is a pain.

I've got bt tv with my broadband and I'm fairly sure I still get btsport next year.
I've just signed up for BT infinity and that sounds about right.

I've paid the £5 a month to have BT sport on sky, stuck with SD as I really can't tell the difference between that and HD and an to tight to pay the extra.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Wow really surprised you can't tell the difference Nutz. HD is probably best show cased with sport imo. I struggle to watch racing in SD now and feel HD really enhances the experience. Don't get me wrong it's a rip off paying an extra £4 and I don't blame you staying away as its nearly twice the price in HD as SD but there is a huge difference in quality and viewing experience imo.

Have you considered the motogp.com app the content is extremely good and can be accessed from anywhere with good 4g or WiFi. I don't think you have to pay extra for HD on there.
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I think i might look at subscribing to the Motogp website next year.

There is more content and at least i wont have to listen to Craig Doyle anymore.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

HD for live events is well worth it IMO
Blade

Post by Blade »

Had an email from virgin and apparently there doing me a huge favour and im a very lucky boy as very generously their giving me a new channel, BT Sport Europe a channel I don't want and haven't asked for and all for only £3 a month more.

Thanks Virgin I really appreciate being treated like a Muppet who swallows any horse shit you wish to churn out. I'm not bothered about a £3 increase to keep bt sport 1 & 2 and therefore motogp but let's not crack on your doing me a big favour. BT have bundled this Europe channel in with there other sport programmes and I'm forced to accept a pay increase so just say it as it is, bullshit marketing spin has a negative effect on your customers.

Sorry rant over. I'm hungry and tied so that's my excuse (facepalm)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Could be worse I suppose apparently sky customers are having there pants pulled down to the tune of £23.99 to keep motogp. Now that I wouldn't accept so maybe I'm getting of lightly.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

They've got you by the short and curlies. I can only get Virgin where I live, there's no BT broadband.

What pisses me of is the requirement to have a land line. I don't use mine. Haven't done for years.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

With the speed of 4g now I don't think it well be too long before people start looking at data only sims and doing away with landlines and traditional broadband.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

D6Nutz wrote:With the speed of 4g now I don't think it well be too long before people start looking at data only sims and doing away with landlines and traditional broadband.
I bought a mobile wifi hotspot and data only sim to use at the TT (£50 incl 2 weeks unlimited data) , I must say I was very impressed with it , watched the Motogp on BTsports online with no lag (using my mates login details , I'm too tight to pay for it ) also uploaded pictures to Facebook at a decent speed , not as good as my cabled virgin service but not far off it and perfectly adequate for most peoples requirements
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Kwacky wrote:They've got you by the short and curlies. I can only get Virgin where I live, there's no BT broadband.

What pisses me of is the requirement to have a land line. I don't use mine. Haven't done for years.
This is what should be investigated. I wonder how many people can actually get both BT broadband and Virgin so have a genuine choice?

I wouldn't put it past them to leave each others patches well alone so they both have a captive market.