Mobile Phone Contract Cashback Offers

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Mobile Phone Contract Cashback Offers

Post by Blade »

Is it a load of hassle and not really worth it ?

The thing that concerns me is highlighted below from the companies FAQ section and is not particularly clear IMO.

If I port my number across, what does it mean "the number you have ported to" ?

I m reading that as the number I have transferred my existing / current number too. I,e. the one on the SIM card the phone came with.

If this is correct its a riddle out clause as when you port your original number across, that's the new number that will show on your bill and not the number they sent out on the new contract SIM card so then they could declare my claim as void.

Has anybody got any experience on these cashback deals ?

Below is cut and paste the comment from the companies FAQ section, and highliighted at the bottom is what I m suspecting is their riddle out clause

If your deal included a cash back by redemption or a line rental discount this will be shown on your order confirmation email. Your cash back is claimable in five instalments over the initial duration of the airtime agreement. Cash back on 12 month contracts is claimed during billing months 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 from the date of connection or upgrade. Cash back on 18 and 24 month contracts is claimed during billing months 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18 from the date of connection or upgrade.

To claim, simply fill out our cash back claims form which can be found in the ‘My Account’ section of the website.

Please note that claims must be received within 60 days from the date shown on the mobile bill you provide to be valid.

Once approved cash back is paid within 30 days directly into your bank account as supplied by you at point of ordering.

Please note that you cannot claim a cash back if you have cancelled your order, disconnected the SIM card from the network, or you have changed your price plan with us, or with the network. The mobile bill you provide to us to at the point of your claim must be in relation to the mobile number we connected or upgraded. If you ported a different number to your new contract, the bills then need to show the number you have ported to.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Re: Mobile Phone Contract Cashback Offers

Post by DaytonAndy »

I'm no expert but fwiw I think that clause is just saying the number you're claiming for must matche the number on the bill. They're trying to stop you claiming for a contract you've cancelled or made cheaper by sending in a bill from another contract you have on a different number. But I could be wrong! The main thing is to send them the bill WHEN SPECIFIED. If you send it in one day late they will refuse payment.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I looked at one of these and decided that the hassle wasn't worth it. It didn't end up that much cheaper than paying a monthly figure with another supplier.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I have come to the same.conclusion tbh Kwacky.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

yep not worth it. You end up paying the same or more in the long run with the monthly contracts etc.

There are some that do instant cash back however. You can look at thise as it is instant. Also, quidco do offers. I always take out things like phone contracts/insurance etc through quidco to get te cash back offers. We have earned well over a few grand now over the years.