California Superbike School

The news and your views about biking
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: California Superbike School

Post by kiwikrasher »

wazza675 wrote:I didn't realize u could run a camera at SMP. I thought it was a MEGA rule that you couldn't, but obviously it is only in place for PI.

The fact that Champions don't go to NSW isn't a bad thing. I find the way MEGA run things is a bit better anyway. They monitor things more closely and take action as required.

Maybe you'll need to do a huge road trip with a Champions day or two at Broady and then hit PI.

One thing you will need to consider is track time reasonably close to when you do your tuition, that way you can practice what you've learnt. I know PI only do CSS on weekends and track days during the week. I'd be trying to do a track day a few days after the course...

Another bonus in NSW and Qld is you can do track days in winter. Alas down here, it's moth ball season unless you like wet feet!!
They changed the policy on camera's a couple of months back, so yep all good now. Blade put me onto a cheaper option than a GoPro in the SJ4000 when I did my NZ trip and got to say I'm very happy with it. See below

[video]https://youtu.be/paF3Pc5Ws7Y[/video]

MEGA lose the contract at EC at the end of August and Stay Upright take over, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Good advice on the trackday soon after the CSS, but that might take some saving for!

I definitely want to get to PI on the track bike one day, will be a big haul from up here, but if I tie it in with the MotoGP or WSBK rounds it would be an epic week! (rock)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
wazza675
Your Bike: '06 TRiumph Daytona 675

Post by wazza675 »

I'd avoid the after burner type days as i reckon it would be like a public holiday where lots of heros tend to go for broke, regardless of the consequences.
Get all the calendars together and see where they can be overlayed and book some holidays in!!
You might be able to do broady on a Saturday, travel to PI and do the monday (and they often do Tuesday straight after a monday too).

Champions did a trip late last year wear they freight your bike and gear, you do broady over the weekend and then PI on monday/Tuesday. They organized accommodation and everything. Not sure of the cost or if they freighted from NSW or Qld but could be worth investing.

Or hire some mates and take a road trip...
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Never done a proper "day", but always game to ask a control rider for some pointers, and never been disappointed yet.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Hi stranger!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

The legend that is D41 has returned from walkabout ;) . Welcome back stranger, where have you been ?