What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by kiwikrasher »

Ouch Frankie! hope it heals fast so you can get out on your photo walks again!

Jon, if the pics on FB are the new camera, it's looking pretty good!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

kiwikrasher wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 01:00 Jon, if the pics on FB are the new camera, it's looking pretty good!
Yes mate, the ones from Otmoor where with the R7. I'm very impressed with it, the autofocus system is quite something. I'm on a waiting list to purchase now, might get one before Christmas if I'm lucky.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

kiwikrasher wrote: 20 Nov 2022, 01:00 Ouch Frankie! hope it heals fast so you can get out on your photo walks again!

Jon, if the pics on FB are the new camera, it's looking pretty good!
Cheers mate, managed 5 miles this morning, enjoyed a good kip this afternoon (rolf)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Fixed all the internal doors in my house last night. Most of them wouldn't shut, handles were stiff, or you needed to apply excess force to get it to catch.

Feels good to have done it :)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Working from home today.. woke up feeling rubbish yesterday and left work early (nearly vomiting and struggling to stay awake). That afternoon my Wife was vomiting.

I'm much better this morning and able to eat after 24hrs without an appetite, my Wife has spent the morning in bed.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Had my Covid booster at the local chemist then went grocery shopping and put the cage through the car wash, the paint is already beyond salvation on the thing so why not... So now it's raining, the bike's staying tucked away for today. It's the rule isn't it? Wash the car and it WILL either rain or a pigeon will use it for target practice. :D
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Thanksgiving cooking, eating, and cleaning for a dozen guys.
I'm knackered.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Fair play to you though mate
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Thanks.....I wouldn't care, but I don't even like turkey that much...or baked ham, come to think of it.
I made up for it with my pie & ice cream intake.... based purely on quantity, not quality.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cleaning my garage out and fixing the slug, I miss riding that silly old thing
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Visiting various pet shops with the boy trying to find a pet he likes and we will tolerate.

He initially wanted a frog, but fortunately the girl in the shop talked him out of it. Now the main choices are leopard gecko and beaded dragon, he prefers the dragon but I'm not sure there is enough space in his room for the tank.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Look at the fat tailed gecko. They look just like the leopard but they're easier to look after as they have different light requirements

Skinks are pretty cool as well. There's some small species from memory.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

We have a resident bearded dragon at home, he seems to roam a fair bit so I couldn’t imagine him in a tank though I know they are popular as pets.

I’ve had to chase the dickhead off the road a few times when he’s decided that’s a good place to sun himself
8EB8C5DA-5D52-4584-949F-FF14C81257BD.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I LOVE leopard geckos, I always wanted one. Bearded dragons are so bloody friendly and adorable!
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Yesterday and today mostly consisted of bike maintenance. YZ was oil checks and sorting the chain (getting a little slack) checking every bolt and nut.... the old stroker does tend to shake things loose ha ha.
Main action was sorting a weeping fork seal, turns out they very rarely wear, the weeping is caused by dust and muck getting up and under the seal. Purchased a very clever little tool that cleans out the seals. While I had the front off, gave the front brake an overhaul as well. Wheel off, new tyre ready to go on next week. Now I have a new one, I can see why I was losing the front end all over the place.

Now for the Gixer, this bloody colling system has been doing my head in, so lots of reading up on cooling systems. And hey presto, I have fixed it, needed a lot of bleeding the system, heating up, cooling down, etc... getting all the air out of the system. Previously I had all the pipes off and cleaned them out and flushed the system over and over. After the head went in Almeria, there was alot of gunk in the system.

So after no doubt, pissing off the Neighbours with a fruity exhaust tone for most of the weekend, I am pleased to say she is running like a dream. Very pleased with myself in digging in and getting this sorted. I even set up an exhaust extract system with some old ducting I had left over from doing my bathroom fan, this allowed me to run the bike in the garage in comfort. without choking myself to death.

Now I have a very sweet running gixer, which I may well sell now, its not really getting any use, and its taking up a lot of space in the mancave. Could be a very good package for someone wanting a quick little 600 for track days.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Well done Frankie 👍🏻
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Productive day Frankie, nice one

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Frankie wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 20:02 Yesterday and today mostly consisted of bike maintenance. YZ was oil checks and sorting the chain (getting a little slack) checking every bolt and nut.... the old stroker does tend to shake things loose ha ha.
Main action was sorting a weeping fork seal, turns out they very rarely wear, the weeping is caused by dust and muck getting up and under the seal. Purchased a very clever little tool that cleans out the seals. While I had the front off, gave the front brake an overhaul as well. Wheel off, new tyre ready to go on next week. Now I have a new one, I can see why I was losing the front end all over the place.

Now for the Gixer, this bloody colling system has been doing my head in, so lots of reading up on cooling systems. And hey presto, I have fixed it, needed a lot of bleeding the system, heating up, cooling down, etc... getting all the air out of the system. Previously I had all the pipes off and cleaned them out and flushed the system over and over. After the head went in Almeria, there was alot of gunk in the system.

So after no doubt, pissing off the Neighbours with a fruity exhaust tone for most of the weekend, I am pleased to say she is running like a dream. Very pleased with myself in digging in and getting this sorted. I even set up an exhaust extract system with some old ducting I had left over from doing my bathroom fan, this allowed me to run the bike in the garage in comfort. without choking myself to death.

Now I have a very sweet running gixer, which I may well sell now, its not really getting any use, and its taking up a lot of space in the mancave. Could be a very good package for someone wanting a quick little 600 for track days.
I got stuck into my bikes at the week end my garage is still a tip though
What tyres are you going for on the YZ ?
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Only changed the front, went with the Dunlop Geomax, good write up on them, good window of use as well (surfaces) Anything has to be better than what I had on it, lol.....
Perkles wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 08:26
Frankie wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 20:02 Yesterday and today mostly consisted of bike maintenance. YZ was oil checks and sorting the chain (getting a little slack) checking every bolt and nut.... the old stroker does tend to shake things loose ha ha.

I got stuck into my bikes at the week end my garage is still a tip though
What tyres are you going for on the YZ ?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

cant go wrong with geo maxs !