Work

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Work

Post by C00kiemonster »

That's nuts.

You did the right thing. Time to get out....
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Sadly this bullying is consistent with what I had heard about this company before they took over.

Tonight I am on recycling runs, about a mile round trip, the work they had booked me on to has been reallocated, something they told me couldn't be done last night... Muppets.

It seems to upset the 2 from last night that I'm just smiling and getting on with it.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I've heard nothing but bad things about Stobart but I didn't want to put a dampener on anything by saying something earlier.

It is dangerous that they would try to force people to work more than they feel safe with, particularly someone quite new to the industry. It takes time to build up stamina for your work.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I've completed my first cutting set completely solo, just waiting for approval. This was 11 scrapped burs (last set was 12 scrapped with the assistance of my colleague throughout). Weirdly, there was another incorrect alignment angle on the front face which I didn't realise for 10 burs.

Nearly 2 months in and I'm definitely glad I made the move. Family are still noting how much happier I am.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Stonesie wrote:Sadly this bullying is consistent with what I had heard about this company before they took over.

Tonight I am on recycling runs, about a mile round trip, the work they had booked me on to has been reallocated, something they told me couldn't be done last night... Muppets.

It seems to upset the 2 from last night that I'm just smiling and getting on with it.
Hey mate, how are things going for you now?
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

It's very strange at the moment, the last 2 nights I haven't had any work to do, just take a broken truck to Scania and bring a repaired one back.

Other than this it has calmed down, the manager I had the problems with has been mostly kept away from the driver's as she's just toxic, still has a job though. She's directly caused more than 10 drivers to quit in a month.

Still casually looking to see what else is available in the area.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I had a sh!t day on Friday.

6 weeks ago I raised a security concern with the correct person according to the Employee Policy Handbook. The security concern was that I was able to walk on site, take a laptop and leave without requiring my pass or being questioned. Due to my working hours I never see any night shift staff and I was in plain clothes. The "correct person" was the MD. The day after I was told by my Manager that this wasn't for the MD and I should have gone through him to a Cell Leader. At the time I was about 3 weeks into my role and didn't know who these people were, I just followed the policy. It wasn't spoken about since this time.

Roll the clock forward to last week and my 6 weeks review (at 8/9 weeks) and this whole security issue thing was brought up again when discussing "respect to colleagues". I was told that my actions made it look like I was saying, "Hey! I'm Cav and I'm the best thing since sliced bread". My manager told me I had p!ssed off a lot of people by going to the MD and that I should have gone through him.

This whole conversation felt horrible. My manager was barely looking me in the eye and it honestly felt like somebodies ego was telling me off.

I'd managed to forget about it over the weekend thankfully but came in today and felt miserable again, I was told off for raising a legitimate security concern (5 years ago 2 laptops were stolen by someone off the street in this exact scenario). I went and spoke to one of the managers who should have been informed of my concern to apologise to them but he was completely unaware of the entire thing. I told him what I was told about sliced bread and he asked, "was that [person A] who told you that?"..... turns out it's not the first time my Manager has been like this. This guy told me to ignore it, he's familiar with how I work and said I've been doing great. It was mentioned that it was my Manager's ego telling me off.

Thankfully my manager is WFH today and tomorrow which gives me some time to reset.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Sadly it's the work place. You don't get to choose who you work with unless you're really lucky. There's always going to be people who don't like you for whatever reason

It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong. Quite the opposite. You've probably just highlighted that some people aren't that concerned about the issues you've raised.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Politics in the work place sucks, for whatever reason, I have been in places where this shit has gone on, like most of us old farts on here, been there and got the Tee shirt.
Keep strong and do what is right for you within the laws of the company. sometimes leg swingers and wasters do seem to keep on going with their egos, and it sucks, I never understand how they keep the job?
Cav

Post by Cav »

This guy is known as the Guru.. he's been there a very long time and knows the products very well indeed. He's also known as Grumpy. I just didn't anticipate this guy having such an ego.

I'll keep on my path and we will have to learn each others ways. I still endeavour to get into management training in approximately 2 years, I just hope I prove my worth to the company so its possible as I doubt he would back me.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav wrote:This guy is known as the Guru.. he's been there a very long time and knows the products very well indeed. He's also known as Grumpy. I just didn't anticipate this guy having such an ego.

I'll keep on my path and we will have to learn each others ways. I still endeavour to get into management training in approximately 2 years, I just hope I prove my worth to the company so its possible as I doubt he would back me.
ignore the luddite and carry on doing the right things ,every company has a primadonna that been there forever and thinks the world owes them a living
Always go with your gut feeling
Cav

Post by Cav »

Thanks mate.. turns out he was pissed that you visited which probably added to his ego trip. I don't plan on changing, I have the best intentions and if I don't make mistakes I'm not trying. If I make the same mistakes multiple times then I'm not learning. Just a shame that a dampener has been put on my strong start here.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Landed out at work yesterday.

Production has declined more rapidly than expected. Current prediction is cease of production in 61 days. So post decommissioning I should be out of here by end of Q2 (rock)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I'm glad that's something you're happy about! Haha.. time to get a job at McDonalds sharpish!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 08:32 I'm glad that's something you're happy about! Haha.. time to get a job at McDonalds sharpish!
Thinking more handyman/gigolo (lol)
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 03:43 Landed out at work yesterday.

Production has declined more rapidly than expected. Current prediction is cease of production in 61 days. So post decommissioning I should be out of here by end of Q2 (rock)
Do you get a payout or will you be reassigned?
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

C00kiemonster wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 09:39
kiwikrasher wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 03:43 Landed out at work yesterday.

Do you get a payout or will you be reassigned?
Pay out. My third redundancy in my working life 😂

Some people are getting reassigned, but post COVID company has a policy you must work in the State you live in. And they only have one asset in my State which is 5 hours away and residential only. Plus it’s not even up and running yet. So I’ve been told I’m a redundancy case.

It’s not a bad lump sum either, especially since I’ll have the mortgage paid off before then, so buys me a fair bit of time to find something or fund a business start up.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Sweet. If your happy then that’s a result.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

kiwikrasher wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 09:24
Cav wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 08:32 I'm glad that's something you're happy about! Haha.. time to get a job at McDonalds sharpish!
From what you have said in the past, I doubt Jess leaves you with any energy for that job.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

duke63 wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 16:23
kiwikrasher wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 09:24
From what you have said in the past, I doubt Jess leaves you with any energy for that job.
Fair point actually! 😂