What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:
Perkles wrote:Visiting a yoghurt factory in Somerset
Are you popping in to see the ex in-laws? :x
Erm no but actually get on with them ok now tbh
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Having a lazy day and paying back the money I borrowed to buy a car yesterday, maybe in the spring I will find one as nice and not have to borrow to get it.

On the drive down I realized that the old C4 is good enough to see me through winter, it drives like new after all the suspension work I've done, literally only the springs and hubs are over a year old. And can crack 60mpg on a run, 50 around town...

On to bike related things, we did call into the Superbike Factory in Macclesfield and had a good browse... I had to peal myself away from the selection of MT-10's and found a nice leggy (tall) Italian. MV Augusta Tourismo 800, low mileage too but it's not been loved. I gave up counting the scratches and cracks... Could be a contender for when the XR's finance is up.

EDIT
Mid afternoon a friend called me to say he had found another Fiat 500X just up the road from me and I should go look at it, so I did and it's a lower spec and needs a damned good machine polish but is much cheaper and if I do buy it the seller is willing to change the cambelt and water pump, it's recently had a full service and MOT.

I really like the colour, a dark metallic green similar to British Racing Green :?
Last edited by Stonesie on 15 Oct 2022, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Spent the morning with my Dad and Son
PSX_20221015_111401.jpg
Cav

Post by Cav »

Very nearly killed a dog while driving home just now. Can't stop picturing it's face in my headlights.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Cav wrote:Very nearly killed a dog while driving home just now. Can't stop picturing it's face in my headlights.
:(
Did you get to re-unite it with it's owners.?
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Sitting in a service centre catching up on TS waiting for the 4WD to get its service.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

StMarks wrote:
Cav wrote:Very nearly killed a dog while driving home just now. Can't stop picturing it's face in my headlights.
:(
Did you get to re-unite it with it's owners.?
It's owner was walking it.

The weather was dark and raining, and there was an oncoming line of cars approaching a zebra crossing. The first one passed it and immediately after a dog and its owner walked over the crossing. Thankfully I stopped in time.

The fact is, I couldn't see anyone at the zebra crossing DESPITE LOOKING because of the conditions. Thankfully I was looking and driving to the conditions otherwise I'd have killed that dog and maybe injured the owner.

Dark dog and an owner in dark clothing. The owner made no attempt to stop the dog either so he well and truly put everything on me to stop. If I couldn't stop, I'd have had to live with that.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Our car has gone in for the crash damage repair by the bus back at the start of the year. The Wife has sorted that and is now driving around in a Kia courtesy/hire car. Our Son loves it, apparently he fell asleep instantly in it.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Out to breakfast with Jess, she did extra hours during placement so she could get back a day early.

Off to the city kid free for a couple of nights this arvo, seeing Moulin Rouge musical tonight.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Hospital for chemo took ages today 10am - 4pm also went to sainsburys for some shopping and I wore my mexican wrestling mask all day .
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Met an old school mate for a couple of beers and a catch up
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Met an old school mate for a couple of beers and a catch up
They say the very best mirror , is an old friend from your past.?
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

Keeping a friend company as he test rode a MK1 S1000XR to replace his V-Strom 1000.

After a chat with the salesman I was handed some paperwork to sign for the key to a R1250 GS in Black and Yellow anniversary colours 8)

The GS is a big piece of kit, but as soon as it starts rolling it feels light and pretty nimble, not as nimble as the 900xr but not far off and the screen distorts things a lot when you have to look through it... That's the negatives done if you can live with the looks, the standout for me was the torque of that boxer engine, power wheelies out of slow corners did happen a couple of times.

Comfort was outstanding and this one had a heated seat too, not that it was needed today but in winter I can see that being useful. The suspension is very different to what I am used to but I like it, potholed and rough roads were ironed out nicely without making it a wollowy barge in the corners.

But I didn't buy it, I'm not that flush with cash and the little XR does everything I need it to, so it's staying.

On to the bigger XR, Sergio doesn't like the GS, he hates the look of it and calls the engine sticking out the sides stupid... But he was curious and did want a break from the vibrations on the XR.. Yeah, it vibrates between 5-7K at medium throttle, give it more and she moves, and drinks, not a cheap date this one but fast, great handling and brakes with the smoothest QS I've ever used... He bought a lower mileage one when we got back, 2019 Triple Black S1000XR, a decent upgrade for a 2016 V-Strom 1000.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

If he did some research, I believe you can upgrade either the bar ends or the rubbers on the bar clamps.

But honestly check the front tyre first, when mine was worn out vibed a little more.. but to be fair it was rarely at 5k ;)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Stonesie

Post by Stonesie »

He's got them to supply and install a set of Evotech bar ends, dark screen from another in the showroom and a few other bits, full service and half price next service. The bike already has a nearly new set of Road 6's.

I'm sending him in to do my negotiation next time I change bikes, I don't know how he does it.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Skills.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

A very lazy Sunday, apart from taking the dog for a walk
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Ran a half marathon with one of my mates lads, he's only 15 and by far his longest run.

Great fun, longest run I've done in a while, and bloody lucky with the weather.

Cav

Post by Cav »

My Sons bottom canines are giving him a lot of grief but thankfully one broke through today. Today definitely has more than 24 hours and unfortunately, he's fighting bed time. The Wife is an absolute trooper though and dealt with it amazingly with sporadic assistance from me when required. I definitely made him worse at times by being there. Temperature has been as high as 39.6 again because of his teeth.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

seriously looking at a trip to the TT , I can get a sailing but it'll be a full 17 days away . I'll have to have a chat with people to see if it can be sorted .