Amazon burning

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Amazon burning

Post by C00kiemonster »

StMarks wrote:
duke63 wrote:Sustainability of the planet and humans on it will be the biggest political issue in ten years time..
I'm sure it should be Duke. (nod) , However the direction of society, coupled with the increasingly self-centred & consumerist attitudes of the Facebook generation, leads me to sadly suspect otherwise,?
I think your right.

I think only when humans are suffering terribly in the western world will anything be attempted. By then it will be a slow road back and the world will have changed for ever.

We are a parasite and have been for a long while. Ultimately we will destroy ourselves like all big civilisations do.

People are in the main selfish and greedy.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The birth rates are dropping for the middle classes. So you're going to be left with a bigger problem as the gap between rich and poor widens. Until you can educate people to use birth control and religions allow its use we're really going to struggle.

Given how heavily populated we are there's going to be a lot of issues. The biggest one will be water. Already towns and villages around the world are struggling. Big corporations are moving in to protect water supplies for their businesses. We've seen it happen in India bu now it's openly going on in the USA.

I read about 20 years ago how the Nile will cause a war as back then there were proposals to dam it in various locations. Those dams are now being built.

The number of people and animals has massively increased, which means more need for oxygen and increased carbon dioxide. We're destroying the planets ability to produce oxygen.

This is how fooked up we are: we're going to be struggling for air and water yet people don't care
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Once people are displaced in the western world due to climate change THEN the majority will wake up to what is happening.

The younger generation need to use their votes to ensure they are heard.

I'm not sure i entirely agree with you, St Marks. The online social media world that is portrayed as the younger generations is not a fair reflection on the majority, IMHO. I know my son and his friends are very switched on to what is going on. Soon their vote will be the ones politicians have to go to to have any chance of being elected. Once all the blue rinse set have died off.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Apart from my petrol addiction, I've always considered myself quite green, but according to my 12 year old, I've **** his planet!

Him and nearly all his school mate have gone vegetarian, some of them vegan. I have great hopes for the next generation.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

StMarks wrote:
D41 wrote:....we're on the good side of the halfway mark is how I see it.
(facepalm)
Very brand-loyal statement, from the form's representative in Trump-land.

Yes well, pessimism always makes a great excuse for not trying, wouldn't you agree, bro??