Work

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Work

Post by Cav »

Offer incoming.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

(clap)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Just received a job offer (clap)

"If you don't ask, you don't get".

I was discussing salary with the recruiter, they came back with the bottom figure of what I asked for initially to which I replied, "due to reason A, B and C, I actually think I am worth £1000 more than my original highest salary - please see what they say to that". No more than 1 hour later they came back to agree with my request.

I'm joining the new company on £10,000 more than my salary when I joined my current company 2 years ago.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Nice one Cav, well done
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Way to go mate, that's excellent news. I'm really pleased for you.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Congratulations Cav, a 10K raise is awesome news.

I spoke to one of me new managers yesterday with my driver's rep and settled a lot of the questions that I had about transferring to Stobart's, the pension is not as generous, DHL are paying 8% to my 4% where as stobart will add 3% if I pay 3%, seems a bit tight fisted. I will get more details on that when the transfer goes through.

And my training debt will sort of disappear, as in not really but they never chase people for it because it cost's them more in legal fees than the debt is worth. That unlocks the door to move on if I find it necessary as I'm now in a position where my skills are in demand.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Congratulations Cav!!! (handshake)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Tidy result, well done cav. Hopefully the job still also give you the personal as well as financial rewards you are looking for.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

D6Nutz wrote:Tidy result, well done Cav. Hopefully the job still also give you the personal as well as financial rewards you are looking for.
Perfectly put, totally agree.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Thank you all!!

There's plenty of scope for me to do as much or as little as I want. I'm also somewhat of a CAD expert and they don't have anyone capable of reverse engineering between CAD and CAM software packages. This is something I really enjoy. The dull bit will be the documentation for sure, I've never enjoyed that. My new manager seems just as chilled as my current manager which is great news.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Well done Cav, best of luck with the new role
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cav

Post by Cav »

Resignation handed to my Manager. He took it really hard. He's taken hit after hit but the company keep his hands tied. I made sure to tell him that I would work for him again in a heart beat but this is something that I need to do. I'll do my bit to aid him recruiting a replacement too if he's allowed. There's no one to pick up my projects and the knowledge is very niche.

He was really thankful for the work I've done though, he said my main project was left dormant and without me it would have stayed there. In his eyes I've really driven it to where it is today, imminent launch of the rig and first test run.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Cav wrote:Resignation handed to my Manager. He took it really hard. He's taken hit after hit but the company keep his hands tied. I made sure to tell him that I would work for him again in a heart beat but this is something that I need to do. I'll do my bit to aid him recruiting a replacement too if he's allowed. There's no one to pick up my projects and the knowledge is very niche.

He was really thankful for the work I've done though, he said my main project was left dormant and without me it would have stayed there. In his eyes I've really driven it to where it is today, imminent launch of the rig and first test run.
forget about them and move on, focus on being successful in your new role
well done !
D41

Post by D41 »

Agree. Helping your former employer find a replacement is a nice gesture, but might send a mixed message to your new gig.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

kiwikrasher wrote:Well the saga continues.

I got a call on my way home from my mate that works at Sydney Water, the same site I was going to. He had caught up with the Head of Production at another site and asked if he could discuss what had happened with him. He was more than happy to do so and had been bemused why his selection of me had been over ruled by HR.

From that I’ve been asked to write an email detailing my situation and clarification around my current status with my spine and the clearances I’ve had to be back offshore. Also details of the physical activities I do offshore and as part of the Emergency Rescue Team.

That’s done and sent

The Head of Production still wants me in the role and is going to take HR to task.
And the saga ends.. got a call yesterday from the manager that was championing my cause.

No go. The GM won’t agree to contravene there policy. They use the 3rd party medical company that then sends them a risk analysis. I was deemed high risk. Sydney Water HR have no visibility of the information in that process, they just get the recommendation. Gets them out of the discrimination situation I guess.

So back to the drawing board and back offshore next week.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

kiwikrasher wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:Well the saga continues.

I got a call on my way home from my mate that works at Sydney Water, the same site I was going to. He had caught up with the Head of Production at another site and asked if he could discuss what had happened with him. He was more than happy to do so and had been bemused why his selection of me had been over ruled by HR.

From that I’ve been asked to write an email detailing my situation and clarification around my current status with my spine and the clearances I’ve had to be back offshore. Also details of the physical activities I do offshore and as part of the Emergency Rescue Team.

That’s done and sent

The Head of Production still wants me in the role and is going to take HR to task.
And the saga ends.. got a call yesterday from the manager that was championing my cause.

No go. The GM won’t agree to contravene there policy. They use the 3rd party medical company that then sends them a risk analysis. I was deemed high risk. Sydney Water HR have no visibility of the information in that process, they just get the recommendation. Gets them out of the discrimination situation I guess.

So back to the drawing board and back offshore next week.
Sad. It built your hopes up again too. So many places get bound up in protocol.

Keep applying - you'll get something good (handshake)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Maybe the Universe has something even better waiting in the wings you don't know about yet.
Keep positive (y)
Cav

Post by Cav »

Gutted for you mate but hopefully there's better around the corner!
D41

Post by D41 »

Sorry to hear this....TBH I thought you were kinda locked-in with the water board job.
Commiserations.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I **** up today. I sent a report to the same client I've always been sending reports to. I got an email telling me that cases after a certain date are dealt with by another section of the company. So that's a gdpr breach which means I've had to report myself

I wouldn't mind but it was checked before I sent it