New Mobile Network

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Araf
Your Bike: Triumph Speed Triple

New Mobile Network

Post by Araf »

Nearly coming to the end of my 2yr contract with my network provider and was looking round at new phones. But really happy with the phone I have and don't really think the new models around offer much new for the price they are asking.

Asked my provider if I stay with them whats the best deal they can do for me, while keeping the same amount of mins, txts & data (seeing that the phone is now paid for). As you can guess, they still want to rip me off for £28 a month.

So checked out some providers online and GiffGaff can give me more mins, unlimited txt & data for just £15 a month.

Was just wondering if anyone uses them or knows anything about them and are they worth swapping to... :?
Last edited by Araf on 28 Mar 2014, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: New Mobile Network

Post by StMarks »

I was going to suggest OVIO, but they seem to have failed.

http://www.ovivomobile.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've a couple of friends who use it without any issues.

Phone around. Sim only deals can be cheap.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

SIM only deals area easily found. Mrs Nutz is currently paying £11 with o2 for hers. Can't remember the exact package but it's decent enough for an average user.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
bb41
Your Bike: GSXR750

Post by bb41 »

I'm with O2 and mines 28.00 per month with iPhone 4s and more than enough for me. I didn't think that was too extortionate , I use what's app loads and a high usage of txt messaging as well

I've been with O2 for a very long time and find the coverage excellent especially where I live.
Live each day as your last as one day you'll be right !!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm with EE and tbh coverage and service have been very good and they have managed to get me to stay with them for 7 years (first contract company and only contract company lol)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

bb41 wrote:I've been with O2 for a very long time and find the coverage excellent especially where I live.
I'm with O2 and have been for some time as well, but I can't wait to leave. Round out way their network coverage has been slowly getting worse, plus I've had 2 price increases during the term of this contract. You speak to O2 about any issue and they just can't be arsed really. I tried to get the phone repaired as the WiFi, bluetooth, and SatNav parts just weren't working properly, O2 managed to do a factory reset and send it back as repaired. HTC did a little better the first time and repaired a hardware fault, the second time HTC had it they said it was working perfectly. I still can't get a WiFI signal any further than 5 meters from the router and the satnav can take an hour to get a lock sometimes.

I do like to keep up to date with handsets as I'm a bit of a nerd, so I'm seriously considering buying a phone outright this time and going on a SIM only contract with EE, you can get much shorter contract terms this way and also lower tariffs. Plus, if you get bored of the phone or it just doesn't work for you then you can just lob it on eBay and buy a different one.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti