Oulton Park

Biking related photos and videos (keep it safe for work)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Oulton Park

Post by Kwacky »

I've still got a credit with No Limits but there's no way I'm doing a track day on the SX.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

I did Donington with FE a year ago and Transponders were free (just had to buy a bracket).

Was very satisfying moving from Novice to Fast group. Even funnier when people come into your garage, giving you tips etc because they saw you have Group 1 on your bike, then when you point out they scribbled through it and put group 3. The look on their face is brilliant
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

The track days at Eastern Creek are all crono. It's just a little sticker on your windscreen with a chip in it, costs you nothing and it's mandatory. Once you have it you just quote the code number on it each track day. They monitor the times and adjust people accordingly, but riders don't get access to the timings at all.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:The track days at Eastern Creek are all crono. It's just a little sticker on your windscreen with a chip in it, costs you nothing and it's mandatory. Once you have it you just quote the code number on it each track day. They monitor the times and adjust people accordingly, but riders don't get access to the timings at all.
Is that for insurance reasons? Would they deem it a time trial?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

The brought in timing for the obvious reason of getting the groups sorted better, as we all now a mid group can be bloody slow or bloody fast depending on who turns up, so our med-slow and med-fast groups where usually the worst for extremes. But they don't want people doing exactly what you said, treating it like a time trial. I don't know if that was insurance driven of just plain common sense.

I even know a steward and couldn't convince him to get me my times. Said it would be his last track day if they found out.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Sorry of I've missed it Kiwi but how often do they change the groups?
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

DaytonAndy wrote:Sorry of I've missed it Kiwi but how often do they change the groups?
The groups we have are

White-Slow
Yellow-med slow
Green-med fast
Red-fast

They will move you as soon as needed, first trackday I did on the ZX10R I booked in yellow. As I came off the track a steward was at the pit road entry and waved me over and told me to go get a green sticker. So it's just on an individual case by case basis, but they have to keep the groups at max 40 people, so to move someone else gets bumped down or a vacancy due to a crash.