Injured overseas?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Injured overseas?

Post by T.C. »

I know I have covered it briefly in the past, but more and more people are being involved in crashes outside of the UK whilst on Holiday, and often people will believe that they are going to have a problem making a claim because they will be subject to the jurisdiction of that country.

My colleague Paul McClorry is an expert in overseas claims and has written an article about how the law works and what to do in the event that you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a crash or injured whilst outside the UK.

Hope you find it interesting.

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/new ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Injured overseas?

Post by Kwacky »

This is something else that'll need sorting out post Brexit. I suspect European cover will be dropped as standard and you'll have to buy a separate policy.

If you are injured overseas, try to get the case dealt with over here, as our awards for damages tends to be larger than those awarded in the EU.