Autism?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Autism?

Post by Cav »

Who needs social skills when you are the top hunter and can club someone over the head before dragging them back to your man cave for a good time?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Are you talking about the item on the news I just watched??

That guy beat the fcuk out of that poor lass.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I wasn't but that sounds unfortunate
D41

Post by D41 »

......to say the least!!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Very interesting I got a 3

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cav

Post by Cav »

My gf's brother is 25 and very autistic - I'm trying to get him to take the test just to see what figure he gets.

He's such an awesome guy though and like most autistic people he has his favourite/best thing/s which are computers/games consoles although more recently this has started to include Brexit. Coming back from the pub earlier it was just me and him in the car and he starts telling me how Apple will soon be releasing game stations and that PCs are dying out etc (disclaimer: he watches a lot of YouTube) and how the £ is going to be worthless when we've left the EU and everything is going to start costing more because most of our stuff comes from Europe.

He got a little confused about the difference between the UK and Great Britain so I told him then he said, "well NI could just build a bridge and then we'd have no UK because they'd be physically connected and it would just be Great Britain!" - I love how his brain works. When asked what animal he wanted to be he simply replied, "A bird". "Why Sam? Because you want to fly?". "Because I want to sh!t on people's heads". He's brilliant !!!

These conversations are the best because of how passionate he gets. His speech isn't the best, he couldn't read instructions (he just recognises a lot of words from playing games) and his fine-motor skills are primitive but the passion that he gives those few things he likes is amazing.

I'm kinda rambling a little and realised I've lost where I was going with this but basically.. at times I kinda wish I was autistic because he doesn't have a care in the word - in some respects it is kind of like he has never left a child-like state and I envy that sometimes.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I would be interested as well, seems there are a lot of low numbers being registered, however not mine! :S
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

"Because I want to shit on peoples heads"

Fecking awesome, I love the truly lateral thinking and lack of, is this appropriate, filtering.

I really feel for people that I've encountered over the years that are scared of people who don't conform to the defined "norm". They are missing out on so much fun and enjoyment of life.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Just took the test again and scored 1 as an overall figure! I think I might have not scrolled down, and only looked at the first thing I saw last time. ha ha.
Doh!
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Yup Cav I have some equally intersting talks with my son. I still remember when he was 4 or 5 and we were heading out so I told him to 'go jump on the toilet before we leave' He looked at me with a big grin and said 'really?' I said, 'of course mate, we have a big drive ahead of us'. So off he goes and I hear this racket. He's jumping up and down on the closed toilet seat. Doing exactly what I'd told him to do.

No two autistic people are the same, and he foesnt have a carefree life. He is in constant anexity about things. Sometimes simple stuff I can clear up for him and other times the unknown, changes etc. I'm really worried about him getting older and having to deal with depression etc.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41

Post by D41 »

Frankie wrote:Just took the test again and scored 1 as an overall figure! I think I might have not scrolled down, and only looked at the first thing I saw last time. ha ha.
Doh!
That alone is probably not a good sign..../
Cav

Post by Cav »

Kiwi, if we are in an external environment it's a completely different story to if we are at home. At home he doesn't care about anything (only getting a Pepsi Max once he has done the dishwasher) but if there is any change to his routine he can very easily have a 'meltdown'.

An example being when our local Harvester shut down a couple of weeks ago, even though there are other pubs that he likes it doesn't matter because he always wanted the salad bar and now it's gone he isn't happy. Even when restaurants change their menu he can have a bit of a meltdown (not that he can read properly so we can hide how severe the menu change is most of the time - they always do burgers).

He has a carer 2 half days a week and goes to a Young Adults care centre 3 days a week but now he is 25 that will change so we are currently preparing him to go somewhere else which is a massive ordeal.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Do you think we've always had this level of autism or is there an external factor which has increased it?

I understand that we are better equipped now to recognise the signs so a diagnosis can be made but there does seem to be a large number of people being recognised as having he condition. Is that just due to higher recognition rates or has the way we act as a society caused an increase in people having the condition?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I did the test again:-

Sensory perception - 22/30
Social - 1/20 (lol)
Organisation and routine - 6/20

Sensory Perception
Higher scores indicate hypersensitivity (i.e. the ability to sense stimuli or to distinguish between different stimuli) and lower scores indicate hyposensitivity (i.e. difficulty with sensing stimuli and distinguishing between different stimuli). On average, adults with an autism diagnosis score higher on this questionnaire (indicating they have higher hypersensitivity) than adults without an autism diagnosis.

Social Interaction
On average, females score higher than males on this questionnaire. And on average, adults with an autism diagnosis score lower than typical adults.

Organisation and routine
In general, males score higher on this questionnaire than females. And on average, adults with an autism diagnosis score higher on systemizing than typical adults without a diagnosis
Cav

Post by Cav »

My personal opinion is a mix of higher recognition/awareness but also the medical links between childhood vaccines and developed illnesses such as Autism.

I don't want to go all conspiracy on it but I think the pharmaceutical world has a lot to answer to
D41

Post by D41 »

Have the levels increased in parity with population numbers??
Cav

Post by Cav »

I think Kiwi was on about percentages - has the number of people with autism risen from 10% to 12% in recent times (numbers are purely made up)
D41

Post by D41 »

Well....I play guitar rather well....and I enjoy drawing....I think I'M REALLY AUTISTIC!!!!!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

The results are being used for a TV show which is being shown this week.