Cars in the future

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: Cars in the future

Post by Monty »

Only something like 80% of people actually take up the final payment on PCP and the monthly payments are normally a fair bit over a business lease. So it might be better for you to just lease hire a Porsche Duke.

I got the Alfa TI for about 260 quid a month
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

So if we have a pending financial crisis looming due to an over subscribed sub prime PCP market where do we stick our cash to make money out of the situation.

If we have the foresight how can we use this knowledge to our benefit (happy)
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Food banks?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Euros! :D

I don't there is anywhere safe for your cash, its just different levels of risk, leaving it in a bank account possibly being the biggest.
Blade

Post by Blade »

That's one of the reasons we are buying a new house Duke. We didn't feel our money was safe in banks.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Blade wrote:That's one of the reasons we are buying a new house Duke. We didn't feel our money was safe in banks.
My Grandmother always used to tell me that the safest investment was always in Bricks & Mortar.

(wait) However now that the Brexit crowd have got their way, that may be set to change..?

: Perhaps when major financial & commercial interests leave england to re-locate in Europe it will remove both the funding & demand that has been supporting the bubble.?

;)
Blade

Post by Blade »

It's a home first and investment second so at least you can enjoy your asset working for you is the way I see it.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It's been a while since we've had a decent drop in house prices. I suspect things will stabilise as the current rises have been going on for a while, but I can't see another crash happening.

Besides, my house is worth 4.5 times of what we paid for it so I'm happy :D
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Cookie totally agree on every point except the last (y)

If a persons disposable income is credit based then they don't actually have disposable income.
Your exactly right, but i don't believe thats how the people with too much credit see it that way. Those who are careful in what they spend (i.e. you) see it correctly, they don't. It makes them feel wealthier than they are and therefore able to spend more on crap they don't need and making themselves feel better.

It's a brilliant economic political trick to make everyone seemingly more wealthy - it keeps governments popular. Until it crashes down, but then the government will blame others anyway.

Its all about lack of regulation - the finance industry is still woefully under regulated where lending and qualification of lending is concerned.

My view would be all credit needs to be tracked on a central register to an individual and each person can have credit within a particular formula depending on their income, savings, assets and profile. They do have credit ratings of course, but that doesn't stop someone borrowing when they cannot afford it, it just ups the interest rate they have to pay (in general).
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Given the borrowing record from this and the previous governments I can't see them being bothered to stop individuals from doing the same
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

The economy is totally reliant on credit. Without it then it really would all come crashing down, probably for good.

I do agree though that controls on it are woeful but that is why, because without we would probably all be unemployed.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Totally agree Cookie (y) couldn't have said it any better.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Earlier this month, reports emerged that The Car Finance Company, one of the country's biggest lenders to people with poor credit histories, may be in difficulty after six of its directors resigned. It is also more than six weeks late filing its accounts.

So rapid has been the growth of PCP finance that the City watchdog is concerned that some customers are being sold complex deals they do not understand. It has launched an investigation.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars ... z4hKfHpnJ3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

People go all goggle-eyed when it comes to credit purchases. No-one forces them to buy anything, and obviously, with a whole year of flipping burgers for $12 an hour under their belt, the least they deserve is a Porsche to show for their troubles.