Drugs in sport and TUE

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Drugs in sport and TUE

Post by duke63 »

You have to question why these drugs are allowed to be used for some and not for others. If its not a performance enhancing drug then why is it banned?

Personally if i was competing at that level then i would want to know if my opponent was using a drug that was banned from general use but allowed for them for medical reasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37456623" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Drugs in sport and TUE

Post by D41 »

It seems the sports governing body has done just what is required.....allowed it for legitimate medical reasons, and then made it known.

It could well be a case of one doctor won't prescribe it, so they'll get someone else who wi;;....hence the former doctor's protestations??

Either way...everyone now knows.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Re: Drugs in sport and TUE

Post by Perkles »

duke63 wrote:You have to question why these drugs are allowed to be used for some and not for others. If its not a performance enhancing drug then why is it banned?

Personally if i was competing at that level then i would want to know if my opponent was using a drug that was banned from general use but allowed for them for medical reasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37456623" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think you will find most pro cyclists develop a mystery asthma or allergy so they can take steroids from a doctor it's just another way of getting round the rules
Blood doping is still rife but undetectable unless they find plasticisers in the blood from the IV bags or the blood heamaglobin rate goes up an enormous amount