The internet did good today

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

The internet did good today

Post by Kwacky »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... viral.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The death of Royal Artillery gun commander Troop Sergeant Major Stewart Abbot Cooney, a 95-year-old veteran who outlived his wife and son, was only acknowledged by a handful of carers and a social worker in a Leeds care home last month.

But after details of his military efforts emerged, organisers made a viral appeal for a fitting funeral - which was attended by a 'family of soldiers' today, including the Royal British Legion and members of his old regiment.

More than 300 people attended the ceremony - including his long-lost sister and his nephew - to remember the hero, with a group of veterans carrying his coffin as a mark of respect.

Members of the motorcycle gang Yorkshire Riders acted as pallbearers as widower Mr Cooney was piped into the memorial service to the tune of The Skye Boat Song through a guard of honour.
Jack
Your Bike:

Re: The internet did good today

Post by Jack »

Its a nice enough story but even though a bike club did an honourable thing they are still described as a gang , reinforcing stereotypes that we as bikers dont need , mind you they did get a mention in a positive story which is quite good for the Mail .
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

I quite like scaring old ladies Jack, hence the Hulk Hogan look. Plus I spend most of my life in a suit driving an Audi, so I'm used to disdaining looks!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

300 people showed up AFTER the guy passed....how about just 10 or so showing up beforehand, including his 'long-lost-but-suddenly-clamouring-for-15-minutes-of-fame' numbnut sister.

But, if it helps others in a similar plight via increased awareness then I suppose it's OK.

Sort of.

....ish.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I m not sure the Hulk Hogan looks is scary Monty more ridiculous (giggle)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Monty wrote:I quite like scaring old ladies Jack, hence the Hulk Hogan look. Plus I spend most of my life in a suit driving an Audi, so I'm used to disdaining looks!
Yes but exposing your tackle to old ladies is still an offence.