What do you want to vent about today?

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What do you want to vent about today?

Post by Cav »

Blade wrote:Stuck up Cars Salesman full of their own self importance and grandeur (swear) .

Just been to look at a car which happened to be in a very upmarket dealers and just cos I'm not suited and booted or clothed head to toe in designer gear there was a severe lack of interest in dealing with me.

Lovely car and drove well but don't know if I can bring myself to buy from them.

It's not a dick measuring contest but I probably earn triple his income and buy my cars with my own hard earned cash not on the never never drip like most of his customers.

Take a rain check Mr Snobby car dealer not all your customer are flash Harry's and you shouldn't judge a book by its cover you may have just lost a sale through your arrogance (devil)
I had this happen at a Triumph dealer near me.. when I was in the market for an upgrade from the SV650S I wanted to try a Triumph Street Triple; the guy pretty much laughed in my face (I was 19).

He lost a potential sale for his attitude too
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Stuck up Cars Salesman full of their own self importance and grandeur (swear) .

Just been to look at a car which happened to be in a very upmarket dealers and just cos I'm not suited and booted or clothed head to toe in designer gear there was a severe lack of interest in dealing with me.

Lovely car and drove well but don't know if I can bring myself to buy from them.

It's not a dick measuring contest but I probably earn triple his income and buy my cars with my own hard earned cash not on the never never drip like most of his customers.

Take a rain check Mr Snobby car dealer not all your customer are flash Harry's and you shouldn't judge a book by its cover you may have just lost a sale through your arrogance (devil)
I had exactly the same deal with a mortgage broker when I re-financed after the split. It was summer so I rocked up in shorts, singlet and jandals (flip flops) . Told him what I was after and he literally laughed at me and scoffed and said "that's not going to happen". So I gave him my last few payslips and he looked at them and said, "oh so you get paid quarterly or something?" to which I told him they were monthly payslips and to check the year to date figures. The look on his face made my day. Amazing how his attitude changed and the level of service I got throughout the re-financing. I wouldn't have used him if I could have avoided it but not many options where I live. Just because I work in overalls doesn't mean I don't know how to earn a quid.

Personally I treat all people in the manner I feel they deserve from their behaviour and manner, not there background, status or job. Some of the most interesting people I have met have been taxi drivers and waiters/waitresses.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

All our clients turn up in casual clothing for meetings with regards to mortgages, I for one have no problem with that
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cavetroll87 wrote:All our clients turn up in casual clothing for meetings with regards to mortgages, I for one have no problem with that
This guy is a well known tool in our area. Unfortunately for me due to the bank rules in Australia regarding brokers (not sure if it's the same for you) if your current mortgage term is still in effect you must use the broker that brokered that deal to re-negotiate it (if you are staying with the same bank). And 3 years earlier the ex had organised refinancing thru' him, I just signed the papers.

As it happens Jess encountered him a few months later (she's in Telco sales) and he was being a smug wanker to her too.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I hope I don't become a smug wanker once I'm fully qualified lol
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Cavetroll87 wrote:I hope I don't become a smug wanker once I'm fully qualified lol
..."become"...? (smirk)
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

sorry should have specified, hope I don't become smug.....

always been a W (--8-
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

(rolf) (rolf) (rolf)
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

University.

Last week I received my first assignment, "great!" I proclaimed, "at least we don't have them all in one go this year". I take a look at the assignment and discover we have 2 weeks to complete the work consisting of complex CFD (Computational Flow Dynamics) work which none of us are able to access at home.

Something to point out here, we're part-time students with full-time jobs and I have to complete a 130+ mile round trip to get to uni.

We expressed our concern to the Lecturer who said, "I'll extend it by 1 week". Really?! 1 week?! We receive an email the next day said that he'd spoken to our course leader who didn't see the issue and that we should all travel into Uni after work :@

I spent about 4 hours last night attempting to get the software to work at home and failed.

I now have to book time off using my holiday to go in on Friday and try to get this work done. I just hope it's more successful that Monday at Uni when I wasted 8 hours just trying to get last weeks work to load.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Why do slow drivers insist on putting themselves in the second lane at traffic lights and then fail the beat the first car off the line even when that car is a learner (punch)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Some sod has flicked the winter switch (swear)

Ground frost here today (devil)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Blade wrote:Some sod has flicked the winter switch (swear)

We got it yesterday morning, white everywhere and clearing ice off the windscreen, I layered up, but it was still ‘kin cold first thing. Brrr!
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Deegee wrote:
Blade wrote:Some sod has flicked the winter switch (swear)

We got it yesterday morning, white everywhere and clearing ice off the windscreen, I layered up, but it was still ‘kin cold first thing. Brrr!
I know what you mean, everyone has been saying it's unseasonably cold back home too
Capture.JPG
(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Remind me, if you do come to the UK to visit, to curl one out in your suitcase.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

kiwikrasher wrote:I know what you mean, everyone has been saying it's unseasonably cold back home too
Capture.JPG
**** you!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Monty wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:I know what you mean, everyone has been saying it's unseasonably cold back home too
Capture.JPG
**** you!
And that was the reaction I was after (devil)
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Screenshot_20171109-095919.png
See that number above - second line down - the one with (100) net to it in brackets....yeah? That's my GP's number...the 100? That's how many attempts to get through it took this morning only to be told they cant see me today even though Ive had a constant headache for a WEEK!!!!!! Its my sinuses, I know it is, but over the counter medication isn't even touching it, I need proper meds coz its agony, its like toothache but for my whole head! and it has been like I say 100% constant since this time last week! Infact occasionally it decides to spread from the localised pain/pressure behind my eye to the rest of my head and even my teeth literally causing me toothache. Its driving me insane and it would appear I cant do anything about it.

I can see why so many people go A+E for rubbish.....

This country is a joke!
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Sinus pain isn't pleasant. I've had it in the past. You have my sympathy.
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
See that number above - second line down - the one with (100) net to it in brackets....yeah? That's my GP's number...the 100? That's how many attempts to get through it took this morning only to be told they cant see me today even though Ive had a constant headache for a WEEK!!!!!! Its my sinuses, I know it is, but over the counter medication isn't even touching it, I need proper meds coz its agony, its like toothache but for my whole head! and it has been like I say 100% constant since this time last week! Infact occasionally it decides to spread from the localised pain/pressure behind my eye to the rest of my head and even my teeth literally causing me toothache. Its driving me insane and it would appear I cant do anything about it.

This country is a joke!
mate I had the same issue when offshore last time, was killing me. The medic got me to flush with saline solution, I'm talking under pressure and 200ml-250ml a time up each nostril. hold your head over a sink on its side, the nostril you are flushing upper most and as you squirt it in sniff hard and draw it through till its coming down the back of your throat. I was doing it 3 times a day and it was the only thing giving me relief.

I'm currently using steroid spray and got an ENT appointment once I get home, finally time to sort out this deviated septum!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Cavetroll87 wrote:

This country is a joke!
Have you got a walk in clinic near you? Worth googling to see if there is one near by, you might have to wait a bit but at least you will get seen.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti