Gaming thread

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Gaming thread

Post by Rossgo »

I'm getting properly addicted to Battlefield 1. I'm still piss poor at it and generally get killed 20 times in one game with maybe only a handful of kills, last night was the best I've had so far think I killed 16 people with 20 deaths. Need more time getting my hand and eye coodination in order lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Practice. That's what it takes for those games. Get the controls set up the way you prefer then spend shed loads of time online.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It's very frustrating because I personally think these games should have a Noobies map only for people who don't meet a certain criteria these guys are blinking good and I certainly will practice to be honest I am really enjoying it I've looked up quite a bit on YouTube about the game and see how to do things, JackFrags is very informative I find

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

In bygone days you used to get newbie servers. The servers would be monitored and admin would kick out anyone who was too good. As most online gaming now is done via a console and not a computer there seems to be less moderation of the servers.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:In bygone days you used to get newbie servers. The servers would be monitored and admin would kick out anyone who was too good. As most online gaming now is done via a console and not a computer there seems to be less moderation of the servers.
Now youre talking, back in the days of old Counter Strike!
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I was more of a Q3 and Urban Terror man. Plus the very first two versions of Call of Duty.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Ooooh Q3! I miss the days when games were just silly and fun for the sake of it. Not that I play games at all anymore really.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

They need to get back into those servers. It would be good for the newbies like me, maybe I could actually get a kill before dieing lol

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I used to play loads of CTF. Mainly as a defender. In UT I was ranked in the top20 in Europe for about 6 months.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Rossgo wrote:They need to get back into those servers. It would be good for the newbies like me, maybe I could actually get a kill before dieing lol
It's been out for quite a while now(in gaming terms at least) so to jump in now the learning curve is somewhat steep.
On the plus side, if you stick at it it'll force you to get better.

Either that or rage quit and throw your controller out the window!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Itchy wrote:
Rossgo wrote:They need to get back into those servers. It would be good for the newbies like me, maybe I could actually get a kill before dieing lol
It's been out for quite a while now(in gaming terms at least) so to jump in now the learning curve is somewhat steep.
On the plus side, if you stick at it it'll force you to get better.

Either that or rage quit and throw your controller out the window!
Image Image Image Image Image I did that with driver 2 on PS 1 all those years ago. I remember the mission was to Chase someone out of Havana or somewhere and I couldn't complete it even when I tried to do all the short cuts. I gave up and possibly was the last game I played for many many years Image Image Image

Itchy

Post by Itchy »

My keyboard lost a key or two when I used to PC game.

Now the PS4 controllers are 50 quid o can't afford to stress about it!
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I had gaming keyboards and a various mouse set ups. I was forever upgrading the hardware. My bling fetish on the bikes is bugger all compared to what I used to spend on the PC. I dread to think how many memory sticks I've gone through.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Thats one of the reasons i stopped PC gaming. I was the same, I needed to have 8GB of DDR3 and the latest nVidia SLi setup. It didn't matter that I was still playing the same games with no discernible difference.

Now I just pick up the controller. I couldn't make the switch from mouse at first, thought I'd made a massive mistake. But now I'm fairly decent.
Not pro level, not great, just a bit better than okay. I can hold my own on most games that I play. Not quite as good as when I used the mouse and keyboard but it's less hassle and easier on my wrists and back!

Back onto actual gaming, I'm about to pre-order Destiny 2.
Out in September, I can't wait for that.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Has anyone here bought the Nintendo Switch? Is it worth the dosh?

My young fella is a full on Nintendo/Mario fan. He's had the original Wii and currently has the Wii U. He's been going on and on about the Switch since 6 months before it came out. If the Wii U games could be played on it I'd not hesitate, but they've changed the format to a cartridge type with the Switch. So the 20 odd games hes got are all restricted to the Wii U. A bit of research shows that Nintendo aren't releasing any more games for the Wii U from now, with Zelda-Breath of the Wild been the last.

I'm not a gamer and never have been, so I struggle with the whole concept of buying the latest and greatest "just because". One of the advantages of the Switch is it's a portable handheld device and a console. But he already has a DS3 and a iPod Touch for out and about. I could set the Wii U up in the family room on the smaller second TV and opens up the options when all 4 kids are there. My other consideration is I made him wait a couple of years after the Wii U came out before I got it, and as such we have only got a couple of years from it before its become obsolete.

So, should I get him the Switch sooner rather than later? I'm considering making it a combined Chrissy present to both of them so there is no fights as the Wii U is "his" and as such he is stingy with letting his sister or Jess' kids play on it.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It sounds like you've got their Christmas present sorted.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Finn wants one too.

We've told him there's no chance.

In our house we've got...

PS4
PS3
Wii
Wii U
2 x 3DS
2 x tablets
3 x phones
Laptop

If he can't get his fix from that he can buy his own!

Whilst the Switch does look good, I would only consider it if we didn't have any other Nintendo stuff, as personally I don't think it offers enough over the others. Sure, it's a good idea but I'd be expecting a bigger leap in terms of performance and I'm not sure it's there. (I will confess that's just my opinion from having seen the game trailers etc...)

Still, if as you say they are cutting off the Wii U then there may be some more longevity in it.
And it will possibly get people up and moving again like the Wii. The Wii U gave you too big a controller to be active.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Yeah Itchy, I had a short play on a Switch at a friends before coming out to work, only on the 123 Switch game, but was more like the Wii in getting you up and active.

We have

Wii (in a cupboard at present)
Wii U
A 3DS each kid
A IPod touch each kid
They have hand me down gen 1 iPads
IMac with Steam

Byron had a X box at his mums
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. Utterly fantastic game. Single player only, great story and progression. Almost my favourite ever game after the latest Metal Gear Solid.

Recommended :)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Battle field 1 on pc

Played battle field 2 bc for many years and is my go to game for an hour lets see if bf1 is ok as the others have been poor on game play
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.