What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by Cav »

I've been revising most of the day today.. still going. Starting to struggle now and I probably won't sleep well tonight as the equations I have to remember will be swimming around my head all night.

Torque = Inertia * Spin Speed * Processional Speed

Processional Speed = Angular Velocity / Radius of Gyration

Force = Mass * Angular Velocity^2 * Radius of Gyration

Can it all be over yet?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

"Check the angular vector of the Moon!!"

/Zharkov.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jut had a pub lunch with Jess and a couple she is good friends with who are currently living in the UK but have come back for a wedding

Before that I was at the small schools cross country carnival as Jorja got into her school rep team. She finished mid pack but still proud as punch. Then when we left she wanted to go back to school (could've just come home) and next thing I knew 2 mums had gifted me their daughters to drop back at school too, along with their phone numbers for play dates.

It's quite good being the novelty school dad :P
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
TonyB
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC, Honda CB500

Post by TonyB »

Booked a couple of test drives and had a test drive of a new car. We need a new car. What we have is tired, unreliable and too small now we have to have a dog crate in the boot so we're looking at SUV's.

Drove a 2017 Ford Kuga today. Proper family wagon. It's a better all round car than the Mercedes GLA we also looked at and the 'Titanium' trim is well spec'd. The Merc was very poxy inside, even with the drivers seat set to Megans vertically challenged drivers position, I couldn't sit in the back because I physically couldn't get my legs in; also it has small windows so it was very dark inside. It's more like an A Class with taller suspension, than an SUV.

Wednesday we're testing a BMW X1 and a VW Tiguan. We would have booked them for this weekend but Megans studying for her first Level 2 Accountancy exam so Kaylan and I have been banished from lunch time till bedtime.
D41

Post by D41 »

Gardening. Which I hate more than anything else in the world.

Oh...and praying for rain. It's forecast for it, so hopefully my prayers will be answered. Soon.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

TonyB wrote:Booked a couple of test drives and had a test drive of a new car. We need a new car. What we have is tired, unreliable and too small now we have to have a dog crate in the boot so we're looking at SUV's.

Drove a 2017 Ford Kuga today. Proper family wagon. It's a better all round car than the Mercedes GLA we also looked at and the 'Titanium' trim is well spec'd. The Merc was very poxy inside, even with the drivers seat set to Megans vertically challenged drivers position, I couldn't sit in the back because I physically couldn't get my legs in; also it has small windows so it was very dark inside. It's more like an A Class with taller suspension, than an SUV.

Wednesday we're testing a BMW X1 and a VW Tiguan. We would have booked them for this weekend but Megans studying for her first Level 2 Accountancy exam so Kaylan and I have been banished from lunch time till bedtime.
I'm after a new truck, the disco is getting to that age when something is always breaking and need something more reliable for the kids run.

Might be different for you as we need a 7 seater, but have a look at the Kia Sorento. I dismissed it at first for no other reason than car sobbery, but having tried one I'm bloody impressed it. Plus it comes with a 7 year 100k full warranty.

Ozzy honest review.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... 5-XT5keAwQ[/video]
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

"7 seater" (lol) (lol) (lol)
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

You funny
Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41

Post by D41 »

SEVEN!!!!
D41

Post by D41 »

You could always buy a big motorbike.

With a sidecar.

On both sides!!!
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

GLA is an A class with bigger wheels.

Have a look at the new Skoda and Seat too.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Having a sit down I am fooked! been house working all day since i got back... clean house, smells nice....... feeling good. sweating like a sweaty thing!
All with the tunes of Joe Bonamassa playing in the background (Blues of Desperation) one great album. Limited deluxe silver edition dont you know lol...

interrupted every so often with my picking on the guitar and trying to be bluesy playing along, which dont work coz i am crap...its just found it way into the front room after fitting a broken string and tuning it via a free app on the phone. :D
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Test riding bikes is thirsty work. I'm in the pub with my mate's family and some friends, celebrating his son's 2nd birthday. It's gutting he's not here, but nice everyone is getting together.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Just popped to BMW on the off chance and managed to take the X1 for a drive. Very nice to drive, better Diesel engine (2.0 turbo diesel) than the Ford, felt more petrol-like. Steering was great. Also drove the SEAT Ateka, it was 1.4t petrol but felt much bigger, good thing about it is on motorway or sustained speeds, 2 of the 4 cylinders shut off for eco running. The interior was inferior to both the Ford, BMW and VW though.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Sounds like you're better off looking at a mid-sized SUV:

BMW X3
VW Tiguan
Seat Alteca
Audi Q5
Mercedes GLC
Volvo XC60
Nissan Qashqai

I don't see how you could fit a dog cage in an X1 or GLA
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

As said previously, the Merc was too poxy. The BMW was doable. It's a small dog. And if the car is too big, Megan won't drive it. Got a test drive in a Tiguan booked for Wednesday but we're going to rock up tomorrow and see if they can get us out in one then, they might bring it forward if we make noises about test driving and liking other cars.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Be interested to see what you think of the Tiguan Tony - that's in the frame for Mrs Gees next car, apparently the Golf is too low for her, I'm looking at The Tig or Yeti in 3-6 months.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Off over to VW now for a drive so will put something up about it.
D41

Post by D41 »

Prolly doing nowt at all today....which is fine, I suppose. It's absolutely pouring down at the moment, so kind of makes my mind up for me.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

Deegee wrote:Be interested to see what you think of the Tiguan Tony - that's in the frame for Mrs Gees next car, apparently the Golf is too low for her, I'm looking at The Tig or Yeti in 3-6 months.
The Tiguan is a better drive than the X1. The X1 was a harsh ride compared, pedals felt notchy and the rearward visibility was shite. I think the harsh ride was from the BMW was caused by the run flat tyres, the VW has a space saver spare but was much smoother on uneven road surfaces and a lot less tyre roar at motorway speeds. The boot is a better shape too, more square.
I'm going to place an order tomorrow, just got to agree on a colour...