What are you doing today ??

For all the none biking stuff. Say hello, chew the fat or flame the forum.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What are you doing today ??

Post by D41 »

It's in a village called "Beer" apparently.....
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Yep.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Stopped in at the local Suzuki dealer to hear this guy talking about his day job Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I saw Gavin @MSG Racing posted that was on tonight at Kings two wheel center.... he has some race bikes on display as well.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Jack wrote:photo processing after yesterdays TD at Blyton Park Driving Centre near Gainsborough Lincs , first time there ,the surface looks beautiful and smooth , very flat as it was an old airfield I believe .
3[/video]
You were cracking on a pace there Jack, very smooth & impressive imho mate. What bike were you on ( pretty sure it's not your poorly D600 )
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

StMarks wrote:
Jack wrote:photo processing after yesterdays TD at Blyton Park Driving Centre near Gainsborough Lincs , first time there ,the surface looks beautiful and smooth , very flat as it was an old airfield I believe .
3[/video]
You were cracking on a pace there Jack, very smooth & impressive imho mate. What bike were you on ( pretty sure it's not your poorly D600 )
Not me mate, I was just on the camera , the rider was my mate Jimmy on a 2016 R1 , my D600 works its just not as pretty as it used to be .
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Jack wrote:.....Not me mate, I was just on the camera , the rider was my mate Jimmy on a 2016 R1 , my D600 works its just not as pretty as it used to be .
Ahhh, got it. Still nice & smooth, & the speeds did seem more 2016 R1 than 2005 D600.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Been to Costco, bought some new stretchers trainers and my misses has now got a spare too, jeez they are so light and comfy. Will be taking my pair when we go on honeymoon, they were only £32.

Been to town and bought some new clothes.

Found out a bit more about the dentist too.

So my dentist can get 1 of them out. A top one and that price is £90 on NHS with a local. He says that will relieve some of the pain as both of these wisdom teeth touch each other when my mouth is closed

I have 2 bottom wisdom teeth and one of them is a difficult one to get out, which I have two options for wait for NHS or private.

I don't think I can get two of them out without being asleep. The root is properly in there so I think it will take some time to wriggle it free! However the price of that is £200 extra to be asleep. They have advised to wait for NHS as they will put me to sleep due to it being a difficult procedure

I can't wait that long I'll be getting married in january if I experience pain or any issues then that could extend into our honeymoon.

So if I've worked it out correctly

£90 for top wisdom tooth on NHS
£300 x2 for bottom tricky wisdom teeth = £600
£200 for sedation

So I was expecting it to cost £900 looks like I can save a tenner!!

I'm now at the booking stage. My dentist has offered Friday to pull the top wisdom tooth out but I am at work. I've said a range of dates I'll find out more tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Can’t you take sick day to get it done Friday Rossgo? If it gets worse it could cause you even more time off work.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

kiwikrasher wrote:Can’t you take sick day to get it done Friday Rossgo? If it gets worse it could cause you even more time off work.
Yea I could take a sick day but its busy at work for today and tomorrow, we are stripping down massive equipment over the next 2 days. If I turn my back on the team they won't see it as being sick, they will see it as I'm turning my back on them and getting out of the hard work. Sounds bad but true. Be a team player or not at all in our department! Savage!!

I'll call them later today and find out when I can get booked in then I will talk to my manager, who is new to our shift starting today as our old one left last rota and let him know that I possibly may need a little time off afterwards.

kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

Rossgo wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:Can’t you take sick day to get it done Friday Rossgo? If it gets worse it could cause you even more time off work.
Yea I could take a sick day but its busy at work for today and tomorrow, we are stripping down massive equipment over the next 2 days. If I turn my back on the team they won't see it as being sick, they will see it as I'm turning my back on them and getting out of the hard work. Sounds bad but true. Be a team player or not at all in our department! Savage!!

I'll call them later today and find out when I can get booked in then I will talk to my manager, who is new to our shift starting today as our old one left last rota and let him know that I possibly may need a little time off afterwards.

Very similar mentality to the work force when I was at the refinery, so totally understand mate
TriumphFan
Your Bike: Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports

Post by TriumphFan »

Not today, but spent yesterday wandering about this little ship. Lunch was spectacular as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Day off today so I have been sorting out the fustercluck from handing my Honda back to the finance company, they collected the car a day early so I wasn't around to deal with it, emails have vanished into the internet ether and neither company involved wanted to deal with it... Finally spoke to the right people and got it sorted.

Then tried to fit a glove box lid to the little C1, broken out of the box and no fitting kit... A quick call to the local Toyota dealer and they have a kit in stock for the Aygo. Grey not black but I can pillage the fitting kit and replace the broken part...

The Toyota version uses hinges while the Citroen and pug use a bit of plastic as a hinge which bends every time you use it.

Nah, the Grey won't work for me.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Stonesie wrote:Day off today so I have been sorting out the fustercluck from handing my Honda back to the finance company, they collected the car a day early so I wasn't around to deal with it, emails have vanished into the internet ether and neither company involved wanted to deal with it... Finally spoke to the right people and got it sorted.

Then tried to fit a glove box lid to the little C1, broken out of the box and no fitting kit... A quick call to the local Toyota dealer and they have a kit in stock for the Aygo. Grey not black but I can pillage the fitting kit and replace the broken part...

The Toyota version uses hinges while the Citroen and pug use a bit of plastic as a hinge which bends every time you use it.

Nah, the Grey won't work for me.
I didnt realise they did a glove box as our Citroen C1 doesnt have one. Might try and find one on egay.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Buy from a dealer, I bought one on Ebay and it didn't come with the fittings.

I got change from £30
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

In the hotel bar having a pint before going the Ducati Uk dinner at Silverstone tonight
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

I've just got home, & now I'm going to bury my beloved Pinot the pup. ;(
kiwikrasher

Post by kiwikrasher »

StMarks wrote:I've just got home, & now I'm going to bury my beloved Pinot the pup. ;(
Oh no! ;( what happened
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

StMarks wrote:I've just got home, & now I'm going to bury my beloved Pinot the pup. ;(

Oh my.... What happened? ;(
StMarks

Post by StMarks »

Thanks guys.
She was 14, and has been steadily deteriorating for the last couple of years.
It had come to the point where she had no proper control over her hind legs, and her back end kept falling over. Degenerative Myelopathy.
It's incurable & degenerative.
It's knowing where to draw the line, always difficult. I suggested when she stopped enjoying her daily walks, that would be point where we were keeping her alive for our sake rather than for her's.
Frankly I'd already left it longer. Loved her too much to want to make that call..
Vet came yesterday to see to our horse, and during the visit Deany asked her to "have a quick look at Pinot".
The vet made the right call imho.