getting that fix

The news and your views about biking
Scuff
Your Bike: KTM 690 ER

Re: getting that fix

Post by Scuff »

Green laning gives me my fix ., even if that's once a month for an whole day around North Wales it's enough ...... Getting cold and covered in mud .... bliss (lol)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I don't mind riding in the winter, but switching to a naked bike this year after only ever riding fully faired sports bikes I'm not fancying it so much...

I'm done with commuting on the bike so would only go out on a relatively dry day.

Funny you talk about claustrophobia when not riding the bike. I get that feeling if I'm without a bike, had it after my last accident. The wife (who doesn't like the bike) sent me out to by a replacement as I was doing her head in.. Lol (happy)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Scuff wrote:Green laning gives me my fix ., even if that's once a month for an whole day around North Wales it's enough ...... Getting cold and covered in mud .... bliss (lol)
Whereabouts do you go Scuff? I'd love to try a bit of green laning but it never seems to become more than an idea.
sir thomas blanchard
Your Bike: yamaha xj600
Location: 10 miles west of aylesbury bucks at thame which is just in oxfordshire.

Post by sir thomas blanchard »

D6Nutz: just over a year ago i was knocked off my bike in oxford by a guy changing lanes without looking. the bike was a write off but i was ok

after that i thought about giving up but i know that i'd miss the 'fix' and feel fed up not being able to escape for those little countryside outings

regarding claustophobia, housing estates are designed so that every vista/view is closed by yet another house so they are like a maze, you rarely get a glimpse out even if the development is adjacent countryside, it has rather a depressing effect, something i never really noticed when i was at work. So a bike ride is important plus it's simply regressive fun like being 16 again, gosh that was a long time ago (facepalm)
Scuff
Your Bike: KTM 690 ER

Post by Scuff »

DaytonAndy wrote:
Scuff wrote:Green laning gives me my fix ., even if that's once a month for an whole day around North Wales it's enough ...... Getting cold and covered in mud .... bliss (lol)
Whereabouts do you go Scuff? I'd love to try a bit of green laning but it never seems to become more than an idea.
We start near Oswestry Shropshire and then head west and usually get as far as Lake Vyrnwy if riding North Wales..... Derbyshire/Peak district I've been riding for 30 + years , still find it fun and can still manage a full day even with all the lane closures.

Its true its a great way to keep your biking skills fresh but for me its more a social thing and having a laugh with mates while getting in some fresh air.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I generally ride when it's dry or night shifts at work. I love ACF50 and tend to go a bit mad with it when cleaning. My bike needs a proper clean now though as it has no ACF50 on it at the moment and also need to take the brake pads out and give the Calipers a clean and copper slip the back of the pads. Needs a good day on it so going to do it when I'm on holiday through the Christmas period also have enough time to stretch it out over 2 days. One to clean it fully the other to ACF50 it as then it will have over night to let the water drip away!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Rossgo wrote:I generally ride when it's dry or night shifts at work. I love ACF50 and tend to go a bit mad with it when cleaning. My bike needs a proper clean now though as it has no ACF50 on it at the moment and also need to take the brake pads out and give the Calipers a clean and copper slip the back of the pads. Needs a good day on it so going to do it when I'm on holiday through the Christmas period also have enough time to stretch it out over 2 days. One to clean it fully the other to ACF50 it as then it will have over night to let the water drip away!

If your putting that much ACF50 on it dont stand too close when you start it, youll be high as kite all the fumes and smoke as it burns off the engine and exhaust haha
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:I generally ride when it's dry or night shifts at work. I love ACF50 and tend to go a bit mad with it when cleaning. My bike needs a proper clean now though as it has no ACF50 on it at the moment and also need to take the brake pads out and give the Calipers a clean and copper slip the back of the pads. Needs a good day on it so going to do it when I'm on holiday through the Christmas period also have enough time to stretch it out over 2 days. One to clean it fully the other to ACF50 it as then it will have over night to let the water drip away!

If your putting that much ACF50 on it dont stand too close when you start it, youll be high as kite all the fumes and smoke as it burns off the engine and exhaust haha
Hahaha!! Yes mate I know that I leave it running for 10 mins just letting it all burn off lol! But I let the ACF50 crawl around the bike for maybe anything from a couple of days to a week getting into all the nooks and crannies. That stuff is great I swear it has kept my bikes in tip top condition

Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

It is good stuff, I'm nearly out, need some more actually
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You don't need much, I find putting it on a cloth and applying it that way means it lasts longer.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I spray it inside the engine parts and rear shock then use a cloth for the rest basically. Got to remember the front forks and the swinging arm. I enjoy giving it a good clean but not so much in this weather!!