Benefit of having a dash cam

The news and your views about biking
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Benefit of having a dash cam

Post by T.C. »

Talk about trying it on. Shame he did not actually call the Police

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cy ... es-9797588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Re: Benefit of having a dash cam

Post by Itchy »

I think I'm going to have to invest in one. There have been a lot of reports of this sort of shit happening around Telford.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

T.C. wrote:Talk about trying it on. Shame he did not actually call the Police

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cy ... es-9797588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fwiw I now have dashcams on both my cage & my Vito (that has a rear view one too), because when I was undertaken at a single lane road junction the woman tried to claim that it was somehow my fault.! Photographs I took at the scene certainly helped, but video footage like that ^ helps to eliminate any doubt.
I also use my GoPro on my bike sometimes, but I'm not so bothered about that tbh.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

Itchy wrote:I think I'm going to have to invest in one. There have been a lot of reports of this sort of shit happening around Telford.
I have one which I use for work when I want to video a particular piece of road as it is often easier to video and show the footage rather than try and describe and explain.

Anyway, some months ago now, SWMBO was in Bristol when a driver deliberatley reversed into the front of her car. No damage and no injury but is was a potential cash for crash because the driver jumped out demanding details and telling her he was going to sue for injury because she had driven into the back of him.

She remembered what I had told her and she (apparently) just smiled and said please call the Police as you are injured and I will hand over the video footage of the whole incident and pointed to the camera positioned looking straight at the rear of his vehicle.

I saw the footage and the look on the drivers face was a picture. He was out of there quicker than greased weasle snot.

Never heard another thing.

I did pass on the footage and details to my former colleagues as I have no doubt that this idiot was well at it, but the point is, the dash cam certainly saved my Mrs a lot of grief and a potential confrontation because he wanted out of there as quickly as possible, no doubt he had no desire to appear on TV :)

So that one incident justified the cost of buying it even though it only cost about £20 for the whole kit which is HD
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

There's a lot of it about. Dashcams are great for this sort of thing.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I like the lass' way of thinking.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It's a shit state of affairs when we have to resort to policing accidents ourselves because of scum like this.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I don't follow tbh.

Maybe the car hit him earlier and the cyclist rode to somewhere safe to stop and discuss it ????

The driver says sorry which suggests he MAY have something to be sorry for.

It's not the dash cam of the driver accused of hitting him so are we missing vital earlier footage ?
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

After the bloody hassle last week with a nob in a merc, And the week before that with a chap who was a total arse, i have purchased one myself....I have had enough of these tits, every day someone does something that you just can't believe.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

This is happening far to often now. Complete scum in my opinion.
I was talking to a lorry driver just the other day and told me this happened to one of his colleagues, these guys are professional drivers and I was shocked that a car driver did it to a lorry to be honest that's just silly but luckily he had it on film so saved his bacon.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I wouldn't get too naught up in the whole "professional"-part if I were you....Most people drive to get to work...driving FOR work often just means someone isn't capable and-or versed in anything else.