Review - XCP All round cleaner and degreaser

Reviews and recommendations of bike services and products you have had experiences with, both good and bad
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Review - XCP All round cleaner and degreaser

Post by Kwacky »

I thought I would get a can of this stuff to see what it's like.

it's supposed to clean and degrease but when you read the website description it appears to be more of a chain cleaner:-

XCP™ UNIVERSAL PARTS CLEANER

Spray the chain with XCP Universal Parts Cleaner and allow the product to take effect, ensuring excess liquid is wiped off. Take precautions to avoid overspray. For heavily soiled chains, use the chain brush supplied to agitate the dirt. Repeat this process as necessary until the chain is clean. If a sticky lubricant has been used previously, take your time to complete this stage until the chain is completely clean. It will pay off in the long run!

It's an aerosol so it's easy to use. The downside is that delivery is pretty fast and so you tend to use it pretty quickly.

It does what it says on the tin. It does clean but it's no better than any other degreaser or chain cleaner I've used. The SDOC chain cleaner gel is certainly much better IMO.

I won't be getting any more. It's expensive for what it is and it's no better than any other product I've used.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Re: Review - XCP All round cleaner and degreaser

Post by Stonesie »

Thanks, I was thinking of buying some but I will just stick to Paraffin, smelly but cheap and very effective.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

It sounds like it's a can of rebranded brake cleaner.
Paraffin works for me too.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks for the review im pretty sure a lot of people were asking about this stuff so at least we know not to waste our bard earned. Personally i lile the Muc Off, it's expensive but smells good which makes it nice to use

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk